Heater Matrix

Guest ep82_girl

Guest ep82_girl

hiya all

dont know if i have posted in the right topic (sorry if i havent)

but my heaters have suddenly stopped working-heater matrix ;)

ive managed to get a heater matrix free of charge ;) but just wondering how hard they are to fit and how much a local garage would charge cause the car is unbelievavbley cold at the moment and i hate driving it cause of this :D

if any one could help id be very greatful.

thanks all :D

xxxx

no a mate told me as that what i suggested. maybe il take her to a garage and ask them to flush it. how much would that cost?

xx

you'll be best with a high pressure flush find garage with a pressure washer to hand

My old garage charged £30 per hour plus replacment parts like coolant gaskets plus vat

cant see it taking a good machanic more than an hour so about £50

i'd get the garage to check the valve and piping to make sure first go to one that recomended and when you go in tell them someone recomended them it'll make em feel good and they will do a better job lol make sure they backward flush to there no point forcing the blockage more into the matrix.

I just replaced my heater matrix in my gt.Give it a go yourself is my advice!Its just a case of unplugging everything.And when you come to put it back together you can't put the wrong plugs together because they are all different shapes. Most garages won't do this job because they can't justify the cost of the labour.

By the way you probably won't be able to find a brand new matrix, you will have to have the core changed but keep the same pipes.(£110)

Took me two working days from start to finish and im a retard :)

Guest ep82_girl

lmao thanxz dave,

well my mate came around yesterday and flushed it (was seriously blocked up!!!) and i now have heaters!!!!!

he charged me £30 and its all sorted now so im a happy bunny :rolleyes:

xxx

• 10 months later...