What Width Tyre Could You Get Away With On 13" Wheels?

what is the fit of the tyres that are on? as in, do they look a stretch at all??

The width of the tyres atm is 145 which looks about right if you look at the overall width of everything.

I think you could get away with 155's on there quite easily, I'm just wondering if you could maybe get 165's on.

Basically we've got a set of these wheels that came off my sisters car and I'm thinking of using them when I get another Starlet as it's only going to be a run around, but I really don't want to be going around on biscuit tin wheels so they need to be wider than 145.

Is the tyre wall overhanging past the alloy/steel rim? If it isn't you might be able to get 165, but this depends on how the 145s are looking on it.

Get some pics and i'm sure everyone will be able to tell. Meanwhile take it to a car tyre place and just ask the fitters how wide can you go or something and he will just tell you by looking at the wheels. Simple and FREE :)

Thinking about it now it might look really silly. :)

155's are probably the best option, knowing they'll fit and not stick out too much. I'd much rather go for some 15 inch wheels anyway but seeing as it's only a run around I'd rather spend £50 on a couple of decent tyres and then have a full set of wheels & tyres instead of spending a couple of hundred quid. The more money I spend on the Starlet the less I have for the CRX. :)

• 1 month later...