How To Know What Your Buying Is Real !

well as you may or may not know there are loads and loads of fake tuning parts coming into the market was looking around the web and found this so though i would share so no one gets ripped offf !!!

http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?c...nt&id=39736

i know it's mainly about civic parts but some stuff still helps out use starlet owners or future owners lol =)

Nice one mate very handy, will be after some Takata's in the new year B)

Oh and about the Bride seats whats the bets he didnt sell them, just couldnt proove they were real so took the easy way out :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add some info after I've been looking at the differences between genuine Greddy Type S BOV's and the fake/replica one's on ebay (mostly from lithuania).

Firstly the text for the "SOFT" on the top sits much closer to the edge of the arrow on the fakes than on the genuine one's;

Genuine:

IMG_3625.jpg

Another Genuine:

16416041.jpg

Fake;

15012010217.jpg

Another point is the dimple on the flange which can be seen again in this photo;

16416041.jpg

This is only on the side without the "greddy" writing and I would be pretty certain will not be on the fakes. (It would be good to get some more pictures of a fake for comparison)

The final thing is the fake one's are too shiny, they don't look right, this is a new genuine one which is much duller straight out of the box;

PA152524.JPG

Fake;

pc100140.jpg

The polystyrene of the box is also cut squarer in the genuine one.

This is all a bit speculative and obviously doesn't give any definite or obvious differences to look for but it may help.