Correct Air Fuel Ratio

I'm going to tune my car my self it on on a pre set setting what i was wondering is what afr should i be aiming for. I know 14.7/1 is the norm but not sure if i should be aiming for a slightly richer figure for a bit more go

thanks in advance guys n girls

I'm going to tune my car my self it on on a pre set setting what i was wondering is what afr should i be aiming for. I know 14.7/1 is the norm but not sure if i should be aiming for a slightly richer figure for a bit more go

thanks in advance guys n girls

i dont think you should be tuning it yourself if you dont know what the afr should be??

is it turbo?

you need different afr's for various amounts of load & boost (if turbo)

i have a egt gauge plus probe too, i also have a gas anyliser to read the afr and other gases from the exhaust it is a turbo and the hks f-con i have has 9 different settings, i dont want to pay someone to do the same job i can do as i have the tools to do it. plus then i'll also have the experience too :rolleyes: i do beleve i want the egt to be about 800 degrees on full load (please correct me if wrong) just havent read anywhere on here what peoples afr are thanks for the info ragz

i have a egt gauge plus probe too, i also have a gas anyliser to read the afr and other gases from the exhaust it is a turbo and the hks f-con i have has 9 different settings, i dont want to pay someone to do the same job i can do as i have the tools to do it. plus then i'll also have the experience too :rolleyes: i do beleve i want the egt to be about 800 degrees on full load (please correct me if wrong) just havent read anywhere on here what peoples afr are thanks for the info ragz

yep 800-850 anymore is a cause for concern

dont be expecting shyt loada torque tho just by changing afr's