1993 Ep82

hi all! just bought a 1993 starlet gt auto with less than 50,000miles on the clock.

shes very strong and fresh and standard, been very well looked after.

so after reading up on the ep82 engine seems there ok to mod upto a good point.

but mine being a automatic whats the best way to chip?map? the ecu

also the best way and safest way for good power gain.

any advise will be greatfull

regards dale

hi mate welcome to the site :unsure:.

unfortunetly u cant map the standard ecu u have to go for aftermarket ecu for that kind of stuf.

first thing i got told was to get a filter relocation kit so it can breath lol then a free flowing manifold and a decat pipe :rolleyes:

thanks guys!

what mod would you do first? decat? air-intake? whats the most restricive parts on the ep82?

me friend has a 2000 plate clio 172 sport, quick little car too!

but im sure with a few mods ill be well in front. what do you lot do for traction when upping bhp and boost.

im having trouble keeping 133bhp in a auto down on the tarmac in damp conditions. OK in dry but im sure if i reach what im looking for around 165bhp in a car weights less than 800kg traction will be a problem.

where as my friends clio 172 sport running around 185bhp traction is handleable.

cheers dale

nice one will look into that! :thumbsup: also new set of good tyres in the new year lol

too start me off could someone right me a little list of mods for me auto to get around 165-170bhp.

im not wanting to go massive with it, but we all like abit more :)

what ecu or piggyback ect where to buy from? if needed for my figures.

cheers guys

If its still on the standard actuator uprate it as it will make a big difference esp on the motorway and speeds above 50-60mph as the standard one is PANTS! hks adjustable one set to 9-10psi will give you a huge difference without hitting fuel cut and it will pull all the way to red line best mod i've done so far on my auto

luke