Takes A While For The Temp Gauge To Get To Correct Spot?

hey, it seems to take quite a while for the temp gauge to get to the right level when i first get in ona morning, (half way between hot and cold) it gets there at a normal speed as long as i dont have the heater on full and hot. if i leave heater off id say it gets there at the right amount of time compared to my latst 5 cars.

it blows out pretty hot air when its on hot, but the temp gaige drops very slightly when ive got it on full and hot...

thats about all i can tell you. should i flush the rad and fill it with new coolant??? if so, how do i go about doing that? just take the botom hose off, drain all stuff out and re-fill it. or do i need to flush some clean water through it first??

cheers

replace the thermostat with a new one common fault its stuck open meaning its alway running water into the rad to cool it no matter what the temp is at hence taking ages for it to warm up

luke

not sure were about on the engine but follow the top hose from rad to the engine and it'll be round the place were the hose connect to the engine will have 2-3 10mm bolts holding a cap over it

will do, ill take some pics when im doing it, i think its the botom hose that has the thermostat in near the block because theres a cap on the block there.

just a quick question, im guessing i do but does all the plastic trim under the bumper/engine need to come off to get at the botom hose? im guessing yes because i cant get to it form the top.

cheers guys.