Hey guys again,

I change my idle today as i was getting annoyed at the steering wheel shaking and the feeling the engine is going to cut out when u idle at traffic lights

it was idling at 900 rpm but Ive set it to just above 1000 rpm.

My question is - Is it safe to idle at that level and will it have long term effects ?

Cheers guys

Mine idles at 900 but drops 800-500 & shakes with A/C and when I turn the power steering.

I have added an extra 50 RPM by using a Mazda top radiator hose that bends under the air intake

rather than the standard one that heat soaks the intake. In Sydney things do get a little warm though.

Regarding your question of long term effect I think one answer is going to be which oil you use and how it performs at idle.

idle at about 1200.

When car is in "D" it drops to about 800-900 depending on the cars mood, on some occasions it goes about 500 and shakes like fuck.

The rpm drops abit when using anything electrical rofl.

Have mine idling at bang on 1000 rpm for a couple of months now, quite pleased with it. Really smooth, but I guess you shouldn't go any higher then 1000 rpm. Also when you set it too high, you'll get the problem of not being able to drive slowly in 2nd gear or something properly, like in a parking lot. It will think it's stalling then, because of the high idle rpm and will shake quite badly. :)

shouldnt really be struggling at 900 anyway. sittin in traffic if i let it just go down and tick over chuggin along it still doesnt shake all that much and thats on the verge of cuttin out.

what year is urs ?