Help Please Urgent

thought i would run the car for a bit , turnt the key and it strted fine then about 5 seconds later a squeeling noise came like a belt was slippin then smoke was comin out the scoop n goin into the car , any ideas??

i had jus cleared the snow of the car but wouldnt think dat would cause a problem :(

many thanks

if the water was froze to cause the water pump to be seeze solid to a point where the belt couldn't turn it, wouldn't it do this from the initial start up, not 5seconds afterwards. thats if the start could turn it at all.

i'd do a visual check of the belts make sure nothing has dropped onto them and got caught. also did the smoke havea smell?

could be totally off here but maybe alternator belt is squeeling and the smoke was steam from having snow on the engine heating up? possabilities?

Tim

TB Developments

thanks for you help much appreciated , i felt the radiator pipes ................. rock solid :p

ive put antifreeze in it anyway the belt snapped there was a heavey smell but switched of straight away as soon as i see smoke comin out the scoop , i rang my top tech n he said to put it in a garage but my garage is full of shit so i got bed sheets any covers i could find even an old dog bed n bubble wrap n i completely wrapped the engine couldnt even close the bonnet properly but before i dne that i got a torch n checked for cracks couldnt see any but who knows jus hope for the best

thanks

might be a long shot but get a heater under ya engine pointing up on full blast for half hour and see if melts dont think rapping it up will do much now its alread frozen

just cant believe it im so pissed, ive had the glanza a month now , didnt know that the person i bought it off put water in it or wat ever hes done school boy error... im gunna try sort somin out at work tommorow because i work at toyota hopefuly i can keep in the workshop for a few hours n then find out the bad news

WTF??? My car often makes the belt squeeling, if i turn the heater fans off it stop it lol. If current is being drawn you hear that noise on my car, if driving and turning the steering while pulling out of a road it makes the noise too!!

Holly shit

WTF??? My car often makes the belt squeeling, if i turn the heater fans off it stop it lol. If current is being drawn you hear that noise on my car, if driving and turning the steering while pulling out of a road it makes the noise too!!

Holly shit

Get your alternator/power steering belts changed or tightened.

does the water pump run off the timing belt? because if it does could have ripped a few teeth off that with it trying to turn, had the problem in my saxo the other week.

No it's an electric fan.

i got the car to my work , kept in the workshop n let it thaw out , the car strted fine all tip top , the water pump belt had snapped last nyte wen i first turnt it on but havin the new one on tommorow , looking good , no signs of leaking YET