I Was Driving In The Snow

i was tryin to get out of my drive was icey but i was looking out of the window at my wheel and someone was watching my other wheel the one was spining then the other one started to spin do you guys think i got a lsd because thats what they do aint it make both wheels spin but my gear box code is different to the manufactors lsd gear box ?

i was tryin to get out of my drive was icey but i was looking out of the window at my wheel and someone was watching my other wheel the one was spining then the other one started to spin do you guys think i got a lsd because thats what they do aint it make both wheels spin but my gear box code is different to the manufactors lsd gear box ?

jack one side of the car up and try to spin the wheel when the car is not in gear.. if you cant spin it then u have a lsd ....if u can then you havent.

that happens to me aswell its allways the left wheel that spins and hardly ever the right. I thought this was because there was weight on my side (right side) and left side had my nephew on it who doesn't weigh as much as me. he is only 10 yr old We were both looking at the wheels aswell i was looking at mine and he looking at his side.. How can i test if i have lsd mine is auto so can't turn it off in gear. I'm guessing "P" lol Sorry for my ignorance :p

that happens to me aswell its allways the left wheel that spins and hardly ever the right. I thought this was because there was weight on my side (right side) and left side had my nephew on it who doesn't weigh as much as me. he is only 10 yr old We were both looking at the wheels aswell i was looking at mine and he looking at his side.. How can i test if i have lsd mine is auto so can't turn it off in gear. I'm guessing "P" lol Sorry for my ignorance :p

generally if the wheels move independently very easily then there is no lsd. a standard diff allows one wheel to rotate faster than the other unlimited so the outside wheel on a corner can cover more ground, a limted slip diff allows this also but at a certain force i.e when one wheel spinning like f**k on ice and the other on dry ground it will limit the amount the wheel on ice rotates faster than the other giving you more grip... if that makes sense

The left wheel spins because that is the shortest shaft, if you have got LSD both shafts will be the same size and spin at the same time unless you have got an after market LSD and useing non LSD shafts :p