How Lame Is The Uk?

I've been explaining to a customer in Norway how the UK has ground to a halt thanks to the snow (delaying his order as I can't get anything delivered to me it seems), but it's pathetic really.

Here are some roads in Norway (in the mountains but even so), I think we need a slap.....

NorwaySnow22007091.jpg

NorwaySnow12007081.jpg

NorwaySNOW2007093.jpg

snowroad.jpg

sommerski1.jpg

yeh our country doesnt know how to spend properly . well the people running it anyway. spend so much money on tryin to stop folk goin 35 in a 30 and puttin speedbumps every 5 metres up every street and at traffic lights and giving it to bankers that cant do their job. i mean they cant even buy enough salt. we ran out last year and it snowed a little so surely they should have learned a lesson and bought loads and stored it but nay.

at the end of the day all of the money that has been spent has been spent on things that stop snow plows clearing the roads so we r screwed lol. agreed someone need to slap someone :lol:

It's a bit like Saudi Arabia with rain, when I went out there for Christmas, a 3hour or so downpour completely flooded the city, and everyone was driving at 10mph with hazards on...true, they had just recovered from a prior, grander flood which killed 200+ but still.

The UK complains about ill-spent government revenue - well, its not like the flooding is an uncommon issue in Saudi...pretty much everytime it rains, we get soaked, the drains are just "cosmetic" :lol:

My friend has just got back from Norway visiting his girlfriend. He was saying about it being soo tall that when the plane landed they had to land on quite a sheet of ice, and the snow on the edge of the runway was cut lower than the rest so the wings could get over it... Couldn't imagine living in that.

We are lame though, we get a few cm of snow and we shit ourselves. They get 20 feet and shovel it off the car and plod on their way.

tbh england doesnt get enough cold snaps for snow etc, norway and the likes get snow alot of the time so the government will spend money on rectifying it wheras our government will not spend money on equipment etc for it to sit for 5-10 years being unused "just incase" then when they come to use it it needs replacing anyway as its too old or weathered etc

on the other hand 99.9% of the english public do just give up when it snows, balls to that, i need to get to work lol

the snow was a pain in the arse, it was great at first but it stopped ya from doing loads, and then the pavment was slipping as anything am so glad its gone now, i cant believe we ran outta salt tho i thought that was well funny