New Drive For The Day

Morning all,

Just thought Iâ??d stick a random topic in as Iâ??ve borrowed my brothers car for the day since my Glanza is in for a cambelt change in his GFâ??s Dadâ??s garage.

Itâ??s an 08 reg Astra 1.8 SRI with full optional kit and 18â??s.

Iâ??m actually liking it a lot â?? Power is nowhere near like the Glanza but its nice to drive, the stereo is impressive, it rides well even tho its on 18â??s and the standard seats are really supportive.

Quite a random post really but I thought I would share! LOL!

Steve

When you start seeing topics like this you can see the digression ;)

But I truly understand what you mean, the drive is completely different, comforable, reassuring, no need to worry about speed bumps. It's a lovely sensation but gets boring after a short period of time, it burns away like many fantasies, shortly after you feel like a grandard in a grandads car enjoying grandad luxuries :lol:

I work for vauxhall and I love driving the astras when they're come in,

1.9cdti 150 is the engine to get, a remap alone and they keep up with vxr's and the likes on the straights.

Pretty good cars actually, the new astra is crazy if anyone has seen or driven them, only recently out.

Dale.

Him and his mates all have Astra's - its quite funny really!

He has the SRi 1.8 with Kit and 18's

Ash has CDti SRi 150

Joe has VXR 888/RR something like that!

Derek has 2.0 Turbo 5 door

Look like a right set when they park together! lol!

I do enjoy driving it - went out at lunch especially to drive it.

Found the sport button is quite good - sharpens up the responsiveness noticably!

Would get bored of it tho if it was mine - its no Starbug!

Steve

I work for vauxhall and I love driving the astras when they're come in,

1.9cdti 150 is the engine to get, a remap alone and they keep up with vxr's and the likes on the straights.

Pretty good cars actually, the new astra is crazy if anyone has seen or driven them, only recently out.

Dale.

I have now seen a couple around and they look real smart. Even a boggo 1.6 i saw makes other cars in its class look boring as hell.