Fcd & Fuel Cut Info

Just recently bought my Glanza, now when boost hits 0.94 bar (as indicated on my electronic boost controller) car dies off and management light comes on, after a bit read about on here i thought this was the car hitting fuel cut, but i read another post which said that management light coming on could indicate something different. can anyone shed any light?

also where would a fcd be fitted and what does it look like, so i can check if one is fitted

ta

i think fuel cut is around .85 bar. an fcd is a little black box about 2inches x 2inches wired into the ecu (behind the glovebox in a glanza and behind the centre consol in a gt) u could be suffering boost creep. what other mods u got?

not a great deal done to it i dont think, full custom exhaust system, filter, -31 actuator, blitz dual sbc set to 70% boost, adjustable fpr duno what pressure its set to tho, thats it as far as i know.

whats boost creep and what causes/fixes it?

dave

boost creep is usually caused by either a weak actuator not holding the boost, cold weather can cause it, as cold weather, more dense air, more Oxygen, better combustion, more power.

a look for a FCD would help, but if its fitted, you shouldnt get fuel cut. does sound like fuel cut.

You don't always hit fc at .85 ish bar..it hits it when the map sensor reads a certain voltage (can't remember off the top of my head)..

I'd say your hitting fc aswell, my mates spiked to 1.0 bar, and then hit fc on a dyno run...

as mentioned, fuel cut is different from car to car, mine used to hit dead on 12.5 psi.

depending on how hard you hit it, you can cause the check light to come on.

a common type of FCD

hksfcd.jpg

you shouldn't fit one of these without the correct supporting mods, namely an exhaust manifold and fuelling upgrades.

i have a full custom exhaust fitted, adjustable fpr, getting a fmic fitted will this be sufficient, dont want to spenda fortune and go the route of management or will i need it anyway? :thumbsup::lol:

i have a full custom exhaust fitted, adjustable fpr, getting a fmic fitted will this be sufficient, dont want to spenda fortune and go the route of management or will i need it anyway? :thumbsup::lol:

You'll need either FCD or New management, FCD is the cheaper way and a lot of people go down this route mate.With other supporting mods the FCD will be suitable to a certain bhp but inevitably for BIG power and you'll want to head new management and have it mapped etc, Maybe someone can verify what power's fine for the fcd (e.g 140-170) and a bhp figure which they'd reccomend new management for? (e.g 170+) =]

p.s the bhp figures are just an example, Dont go by them. Someone else will verify =]