Hmmm Mate Oferd Me His Golf Gttdi For My Gt

I never once had no problems with my redtop throughout ownership, yeah fair dues I fully rebuilt it before it was fitted to my corsa but I never once had a problem, kept it well maintained, warmed up first thing, was one of the best engines, same for the C20LET I had, full strip and rebuild, always looked after, not one problem. Its dickheads who buy them and don't look after them who give them a bad image for reliability. I'd always be tempted to go back to one again, but maybe in an astra gsi this time, too much power for the corsa.

Damien

totally agree with damien^^^ there not as bad as everyone makes out we fitted one in to our works combo van for a laff and its been up crail many a times and tows/carrys things nearly everyday and never had a bit of hassel with it. if there looked after and you dont abuse it from starting it first thing to end you ll be fine the only thing about them being in a corsa is braking and cornering the engines to heavy for corsas and nova there a hundred times better in a astra

sorry for the essay lol check you tube for the vids of our van at crail theres a wee guy in a pug i think that is gutted when we beat him lol

Yea, i'm only speaking from experience my friends have had, although i can't see them getting in and warming them up properly before taking them out for a blast which hasnt helped the reliabilty tbh, or maybe they all bought doggy examples =] like i said, i quite like them and have considered them myself, I'd definately rebuild the whole engine before fitting it though like you had damien, just for peace of mind!

yeah you should be fine with one mate when you think about about the age of them and then the age of your car its not as if your heading for loads of trouble and at the end of the day its a corsa with a common engine so spares is fine

plus you can get them to go quite fast our van has showed up a good few fast cars funny too see peoples faces when you scream past lol

You can get TDI upto 130 BHP

And GT TDI upto 150

It's afcourse not going to be as fast as your GT but you will get better MPG probabbly more torque. I still personally won't go for it, i've been in big diesel cars (3.2 CDI 224BHP) I'ts at the end of the day a diesel and that model golf has allot of electronic probs My bro had a MK4 TDI 130 BHP.

But up to you if it's in good cond. then go for it.

by the way 140K for a diesel vw engine is nothing atall, it will go on and on and on and guess what it'll still go on!

The VW Diesel engines can be tuned to a lot higher than that. Remaps for the TDI engines are worth every penny. You can increase to a surplus of 30BHP if not more, if you get a remap on the 150bhp TDI to 180bhp or so. You'll have nearly the same amount of torque as an Evo. The PD TDI's are good engines.