How To Do A Boost Leak Check?

hey guys, right my boost has been a bit up and down the last few days since i had aproblem with the spark plugs, diferent issue, basically i want to know a easy way to check for leaks, did some googling and a guy posted that if you mix water and fairy liquid then spray/spritz this on manifold, were the bov connects to the hose, etc etc when its reved the bits that are leaking will bubble up because of the fairy liquid. not massivly sure on wether this is a great idea as if theres a big hole i dont want fairy liquid leaking in.lol.

so anyone else got any ways of checking?

also some one told me to check my boost gauge for a leak and boost controller. how???

Ahhhhh my appologies.

Firstly check the flange where the pipe joins to the turbo!

I had a boost leak for over 2 months spent fookin hours trying to find it, turns out it was the flange was not straight.

If that dont work

Build a boost leak tester like so

been to garage today, he check all the pipe work for me, says theres no splits in any of the pipes. he rekons it could be the ind kit thats nakerd, also the pipes are very soft he said could be that, so to replace them for silicon jobbies.

so... were do i get all the inlet pipes from in silicon or is a case of measuring them up and ordering the apropriate bits from ebay?

whic pipes would u suggest replacing too?

• 2 weeks later...