Evo Rear Seats In An Ep91, Easy Fit?

I saw this picture and was instantly wanting evo rear seats but how easy/hard would it be to fit them?

img-resized.png Reduced: 47% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full image29112009131.jpg

img-resized.png Reduced: 47% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full image29112009130.jpg

tbh there is quite alot of messing around to get them to fit but i think its worth it. you will need an interior, a good fabricator and also a good seamstress. i first got the full interior out of an evo, my brother then made up the subframes for the front seats which arnt just fixed they move back and forwards (you can buy recaro subframes but they cost a fortune). then using the material from the evo rear bench seat i had my mam recover the starlet bench seat to match. hope that helps

Wow your mum could be earning a fortune by doing this!! haha.

That does sound like alot of work to me but then again modifying is never made easy tbh. haha.

i am so wanting to give it a try though, custom subframes sound like an arse to do. i might have a go at stripping two starlet seats and welding the bolt holes onto the evo frame. well thats if they are the same width.

but its certainatly worth it!! looks amasing compared to the usual interior

cheers for the info matey ill trawl through ebay and get the ball rolling :thumbsup:

Don't bother cutting up standard seats. The only thing you need off them is the seat belt.

The feet are a mile off once chopped and would make the seats sit high.

The evo rails once down to the bare bits you want to be using end up being uneven i.e left rail is higher than right, think it's about 25-30mm.

once levelled up the front mounting points can be used on the evo subframes but they need a little nick with a grinder then bending a few more degrees and the strengthning edge welding back up.

The rears are easy. I used the same 25-30mm angle that I used to level the subframe to make the mounting for the tunnel side, then a piece of 4mm flat bar with a slight kink and welded on at a slight angle to mount the door side rear.

The seat belt also mounts on the tunnel side seat mounting point and needs to be reshaped slightly to fit as it's got a few kinks in it when mounted to the standard seat.

hope that helps you a little bit

Andy(brother)

P.S. the rear bench, the only bit used is the patterned material for the centre which was unpicked from the evo seats. The black material is new as the shape of the evo bench doesn't leave enough material to play with.

Jesus! that sounds like a huge and complicated job to do if you arent a fabricator. If and when i buy some evo seats ill be running to you for info and advice haha! :thumbsup:

but then again mounting my EP civic type R seats into an EK was like an hours job for my mates dad to do. so i suppose its the contacts you have to do this sort of thing.

thankyou very much for your advice mate expect to be hearing from me soon haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...