When Spraying Rocker Cover...

use a heat proof primer, spray your normal paint over that the finish with a heat proof lacquer. that should protect the paint from the heat. opinion is divided on this subject, some people can and do just use normal paint and never have any trouble, but i've known this to blister and react badly to the heat. i would always recommend using the method i mentioned, just so you have some form of protection.

do you take your car to moss tyres in york dan? my mechanic says thers a lad who has taken a few diferent glanzas in there but ive not found out who it is yet?

yeah dunno if thats work, brushs usually leave it abit streaky dont they, ill find some, found some on google, but in usa, and pricey,

that ain't me dude. don't get over to york that much (even tho its 15 mins away) trying to keep the car under wraps til its finished! i know a lass that lives near me who works in york, she may know who it is.

as for the paint i'm sure there will be somewhere that sells it in tins. maybe try a smaller car place?

sorry i can't be more of a help!

^^^

honestly dude? i have no idea!!! have had a quick look through TGTT and a lot of people have used a powder coated rocker cover so my guess is that it would stand up to the heat pretty well, but that is only a guess :harhar:

I nicked a can of heat proof paint from work

We use it on the base plate in the ovens that we hire out to caterers.

I cleaned up my rocker cover to the bare metal then sprayed it

Put it the oven for half hour

No primer or laquer , Got the matt finish .

Done it a month ago & use the car daily & no blistering or cracks.

Will get some pics up soon.

hot paint