Opinions Needed

Need a bit of help please, basically i sold my old turbo kit on here about 3weeks ago now

i told the guy everything i knew about it being 100% honnest as allways

i said that there was slight play in the turbo which was smoking slightly on occasion

i told him the kit wasnt the best in the world but it was ok to get someone on the move for a while thats on a budget

i told him i wasnt sure on the state of the manifold because it had heatwrap on it and i pressumed the new owner would want it on so i left it as it was, but i did say i could take it off if required and get some pics of it but as far as i was aware everything was ok as it was working fine on my car and i was originally keeping it as a spare but decided to clear some space in the garage

he took my word for it and decided to come and collect it, i also chucked in some spare pipes with it incase he needed them for any reason (thought it might be helpful)

he turned up without enough money so me being me i let him take it and trusted that he would pay the rest through paypal when he got home (which he did so glad about that but didn't cover the paypal charges it was only a few quid though so i let him off with that aswell)

he didn't even look at the mani or anything when he came to pick it up

since then ive had nothing but shit off of him saying that the mani dosn't fit, i still don't understand now how it doesn't fit apparently the bolt holes dont line up even though i have pics of it on my car no problems :S

he said the mani is absolutly buggered beyond repair and wants his money back or some money towards getting a new mani or hes taking legal action.

i would like to offer him money back or help him out in some way but why should i it was listed as used i told him everything i knew about it so it was upto him he should have checked it out on the day he came to collect it am i right?

i have been nice for the last few weeks but now its really annoying me texting me all the time

i dont want people thinking im some kind of twat that robs people im 100% genuine and would do anything for anyone so could you all please give your opinions i want to know if im in the wrong or not because as far as im aware and from what other people have said so far is ive done nothing wrong and cant take any legal action against me as its sold as seen?

bit of a wierd one but thats usully the drill sold as seen wouldnt of thort he would have a leg to stand on in the law side plus it would cost abit for legal action wouldnt worrie to much even if he did win which is 99percent unlikely and they said u have to pay him back just say one pound a week ill pay

nah but siriously nothing has been done wrong in my eyes

i take it were on about CheshireGlanza here lol??

Personally i dont think there is anybody to blame here, i DO think that the heat wrap should of come off so you can show him the mani for what it is, HOWEVER, he did take it as a SOLD AS SEEN, so in this case i dont think anything else can be done about it.

Legal action could be taken, however SOLD AS SEEN is like a contract, once he's paid you thats it, not your responsibility, and if it did go further it would run even more money that he would have to pay out on court costs.

The only way to settle it really is for you to chuck him a couple of quid back for a new mani as a good will jesture?

Unfortunatly it worked well for you, but he seems to be having issues with it which is very unfortunate as the lad has nothing but bad luck bless him lol.

I dont think there is an easy way out for him to be happy, which is a shame.

Nothing personal here but I think a seller should inspect goods before selling them. I'm not taking sides, and I know you said it was ideal for anyone on a budget etc, but if it doesn't fit or is damaged beyond repair then I honestly think that there should be some form of refund. I've met you in person, and I know your a sound guy so it's nothing personal. I don't think you've been a dodgy seller or anything of the sort either. I saw the manifold in the flesh today at a meet, pics below.

P1000433.jpg

P1000434.jpg

P1000435.jpg

Maybe it just depends what you class as a 'budget kit'.

About the whole sold as seen thing, I know it works with cars but don't know if its the same for a manifold? You go and see the car, check it all out which includes driving it etc and then decide to buy it. Whereas with the manifold, the buyer can't really find out whether it's shabby or not til he gets hope. Ok he could have taken the heatwrap off and taken a look, but he can't have checked if the bolt holes do not line up until he got home and tried to fit.

I do hope this gets solved in a civilised manner though because I think your both decent guys. :p

Guest cheshireglanza

lmao look at my build pic off mani not lining up and would you like me get the text thats says mani fits and that it done blow

and the money i give you 300 told you that lloyds has closed so i did 70 by paypal :p if i was going to try do you i would not have sent the rest off the money would i,i think few members on here can tell you mani dont fit cause they seen it today nick at td spent hours working on the setup to get it right new oil/water feeds new gaskets but could not do any thing with mani cause the weld is sh##i have told you your welcome to have your guy weld it if you thing he can sort it and you texted me back saying that i think his welding not good enough for me :lol: you have my number i have been told by number off people that i should get refund off some sort or mani fixed which im happy for you to do but look at my build to confirm dont line up or confirm with nick or idrees cheers

Guest cheshireglanza

^^ i dont no way but it dont line up has you can see from pic above

@ yes dan im not having any luck with this car been pulling my hair out but its near finished mani,injectors and its done

i have texted you number off times asking you to sort this mani out thorpy and i still get no help from you

you even said this kit is better then the one you have now so why dont me swap cause he no the mani is shit :p

wow, that is pretty shocking like, snotters comes to mind like, ive not seen welding so poor in a long time.

its a pitty what happens, the buyer, should have, without doubt, uncovered the wrapping to see the mani, i think if you had done this, you wouldnt have handed over cash for something in that condition.

personally, i think its a shit situation, if the seller decides, it was sold as seen, and you had the chance to fit it to your car if you liked, as you picked it up, if he decides that there will be no refund, then i doubt much could be done, if he does offer a part refund, then fair play on his part.

Guest cheshireglanza

^^ i have told him for over a week it wont fit he says it pisses him off me texting him bout it

would you not be bit pissed when you payed 370 for kit got it on your car and it would not fit

and when thorpy says he give me the chance to take the heat wrap off funny im sure it was girl who give me the kit and took the money dont make your self look like saint dude it was your gf who was in house at time off pick up not you

i was honest with you i give you the finally payment like i said to your gf took me 2 hours to get home did your payment soon has i got online i have nick at td getting me new mani and decat,you told me sell it on to some one else i still have that text i could not sell that mani to some one i would have to pay some one take it i was fine with the shaft play and smoking like you said but no word bout mani blown how you ment to check mani if its blown if its not on a car,its clear to me that you dont want sort it out or you would not have put post up here your looking for way out off it :p

yeh, the not fittin part, is deffo his fault, on his car, all bolts must have been lined up, and tightened bit at a time, to get it to fit, but you can see on your car its a shite fit. and deserves nothing more than the bin.

Guest cheshireglanza

^^ and thats were it will end up going the bin, nothing more then small refund would have sorted this has i have texts off him saying mani dont blow and it fits along with turbo smokes small bit and shaft play so i would think i have some ground to moan about it

honnestly that is the first time i have seen pics of the manifold and i agree that is shocking welding i never realised it was in such a complete mess

i was honnest about it not blowing on my car it could have got damaged whilst in my garage some how or when u got it home etc no one will ever know, and as far as my girlfriend being at home when you came to pick it up dosn't matter i said that in a text about taking the heatwrap off a day or 2 before you turned up, and you still could have looked when you came to the house

it dosn't make sense how it dosn't fit on your car but from looking at the state of the manifold its a discrace and i do feel bad for selling it as it is (but i honestly never knew)

i shall text you now with an offer just to be fair

imo maybe it's some li'l difference in GTs and Glanzas?

just a thought.

there the same engine with the same mani mounting points.

Well, i think Thorpy should help you out here abit and give you some money towards another manifold, HOWEVER, you should of checked the condition of it though dude, everytime i go pick up a part i check it out, but then again Thorpy should have showed you..... In my eyes, lesson learnt.

I may have found you another TD04 mani from a mate, so i can get it quite cheap, i am going to double check hes still got it and get back to you dude.

thanks for the replies i think we have both learn't a lesson, i certainly have, i should deffinatly have checked under the heatwrap 1st as i would have never sold it looking like that

tis all sorted now anyway just sent chesh some money i know hes a genuine person like me so hope it helps out :p

Guest cheshireglanza

^^ close topic all sorted i told you i was not messing you bout when i said you need some one else to do your welding lol :p

@dan that would be great drop me pm dude