Which Brake Pads

The only EBC pads I would buy again are the Green Stuff. They worked excellent on one of my Glanzas with 3G brake discs. On the other hand, I had Yellow Stuff pads and they were awful. I have never tried the Red Stuff but I've heard the Green stuff are better?

I would also recommend Mintex Extreme pads, I had them with 3G discs too and they gave a nice solid pedal feel.

The only EBC pads I would buy again are the Green Stuff. They worked excellent on one of my Glanzas with 3G brake discs. On the other hand, I had Yellow Stuff pads and they were awful. I have never tried the Red Stuff but I've heard the Green stuff are better?

I would also recommend Mintex Extreme pads, I had them with 3G discs too and they gave a nice solid pedal feel.

What was wrong with the Yellows if you don't mind me asking? I hate Greens for various reasons, Reds seem better than Greens when hot and cold - more predictable as the temperature rises where Greens seem to "spike" then fall off again.

What was wrong with the Yellows if you don't mind me asking? I hate Greens for various reasons, Reds seem better than Greens when hot and cold - more predictable as the temperature rises where Greens seem to "spike" then fall off again.

Got to agree. I had Greens on my Satria GTi and they were too hit and miss for my liking. Sometimes they would be awesome then 4/5 corners later they would be fading like mad but then come back again in a few more corners, thats why i've got Yellows to fit to the V.

Steve

I might have to try the Reds out too then on my next one. The greens were fantastic, I was running 219hp with them and the pedal feel was awesome. When taking friends for a blast in the car, a few of them actually commented on how well the brakes seemed to perform!

With the yellows, the pedal always seemed way too soft. The system was bled etc but that's how they were. People did say how they'd need time to warm up as they are track discs but I still hated them when they were warm. Worst brake fade I've ever felt! Not to mention they were completely work after two months of road use! Yes it was hard road use but 2 months isn't alot!

We are a huge fan of the EBC Yellowstuff brake pads as they do offer great stopping power and a decent pad life at a very affordable price, we would highly recommend these for any road car that plans to do the odd track day.

Give us a call if you want to have a chat and we can advise on pads to suit you

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

I might have to try the Reds out too then on my next one. The greens were fantastic, I was running 219hp with them and the pedal feel was awesome. When taking friends for a blast in the car, a few of them actually commented on how well the brakes seemed to perform!

With the yellows, the pedal always seemed way too soft. The system was bled etc but that's how they were. People did say how they'd need time to warm up as they are track discs but I still hated them when they were warm. Worst brake fade I've ever felt! Not to mention they were completely work after two months of road use! Yes it was hard road use but 2 months isn't alot!

I have used to the greens on a few cars and Phil is running them on his, both as n/a and turbo, and yes they take a min or two to warm up but after that first brake, usually the end of the road, they are spot on.

The GT has mintex fast road pads on it at the minute, though about to be changed, and they were good, probably every bit as good as the green stuff, but a lot more dust off them.

Always thought red were just track use

Mark

ive heard that the yellow stuff pads can be noisy is this correct?

Yes mate my Yellow stuffs made a massive humming noise when braking hard. They were being used with CRN grooved discs, they may work better with better discs such as 3G but I haven't tried that.

I have used to the greens on a few cars and Phil is running them on his, both as n/a and turbo, and yes they take a min or two to warm up but after that first brake, usually the end of the road, they are spot on.................

..............Always thought red were just track use

Mark

Reds are "for cars over 200bhp"....they are OEM Spec for the MK2 MR2 Turbo for instance. The thing about reds is they don't do that "nothing when cold" thing that greens do, so while they work at their best at higher temps they are als better from cold! To be totally honest I don't fully understand why EBC offer Greens any more other than price.

Reds are ideal for loonies, trackdays, powerful cars. Yellows are ideal for loonies IN powerful cars, mad trackdays and full race.

Yes mate my Yellow stuffs made a massive humming noise when braking hard. They were being used with CRN grooved discs, they may work better with better discs such as 3G but I haven't tried that.

That's most likely to be groove design diferences I expect, grooves / drillings "hum", pads SHREEEEK! :surrender:

yer because im guna order up sum grooved discs so think maybe ill go for the green stuff ones instead if ther noisy lol