How Much For Rolling Shell?

basically am after a rolling chassis/shell as i have all the running parts! i.e engine, gearbox i had a knock to the front left and have been told it needs jigging out. so what i am asking is, is it cheaper to buy a rolling chassis and replace all parts from mine to the empty chassis or have the car jigged out? just a general question? as those are my two options at the moment!

appreciate any help

Bill.

yea the body work is 100% spot on apart from affected area no rust what so ever!

anyone know roughly how much garages/people charge for it to be jigged out? just so i can get some rough figures?

Bill.

All depends on the damage that the particular car has received.

Every crash is different ;)

simply cut that bar on the bottom off and the top one, and re-weld new bars mate, has the sides caved in at all? if its only a little bit then it wont take much to straighten out.

Id say your looking no more than £100 to get it done, but then you gotta get a new rad etc..

Also if i were you....... id sell ME that Bride seat!!! lol

lolz at the bride seat! na sorry am keeping at the mo! you reacon about 100 quid? yea i know i need rad and other bits back to get her back up and running but was just wondering how much it would be to get her straight again?

someone told me to get things jigged out is mega money! like nearly 1K or does it depend on how much it needs jigging?

Bill.

simply cut that bar on the bottom off and the top one, and re-weld new bars mate, has the sides caved in at all? if its only a little bit then it wont take much to straighten out.

Id say your looking no more than £100 to get it done, but then you gotta get a new rad etc..

Also if i were you....... id sell ME that Bride seat!!! lol

Sorry to spam your thread abit mate but i will also take the front pside Recaro seat, also the back :mellow:

Lol I will keep them items you mention in mind pm me how much you willing to pay for what you say! But on the other hand how much roughly am I looking to sraighten her out hundreds or thousands? Just so I know how much dolla I gotta put in her! As I do lpve her lol that why I want her looking pretty again!

Bill.

i i was to put a new front end on. will do all work myself only things i cant do is jigging and the welding! and obviously the spraying when its all done!

anyone on hear can point me to the right direction in getting a new front end?

and anyone who will know how to put the new front end on mine?

also costs?

but all manual labour i will do to help keep unneccesary costs down!

Bill.

As Dan said, find a breaker (even a UK spec) and get the front end chopped off - as much as you can. Take it to a good panel beater, they will remove it by drilling out the spotwelds that hold the slam panel etc on. Don't do it at home, unless you a pro. It's not something you want to be messing about with!

no i fully understand i wouldn't touch anything structual to that extent, that is why i am clueless lol! but that was going to be my next Q would a UK NA spec be the same? but thats good as that widens my search up massivly! lol right i better get looking and saving!

so does about 500quid sound reasonabe for a pro to put a new front end on mine?

Bill.

it would be more like the 1k + mark to get that jigged out also are you sure it hasent bent through the whole car do the doors all line up etc them legs look in a right mess tbh its all well welding a new front on but if the impact has bent beyond the firwall you might aswell just get a new shell, my mate has a mint sportif shell and its hd a full respray its red and not a mark on it. plus if you was to reshell it into a uk spec shell the insurance is cheaper insuring a turbo converted uk spec than insuring a glanza belive me!!!! just my 2p

Looking at that mate personally i think it is way more hassle than the car would be worth. It is possible but looking at the amount of damage to it, it would be an uneconomical repair. There could even be hidden damge you can't see. Imagine if you had another bump and the car fell to pieces due to weaker than standard welds or more damage. These cars already don't fair too well in accidents as it is.

Like Dean said, his mate has got a mint rolling shell and i've seen it and it is spotless. I'd go for that instead :D.

Bourkey

yea i can see your point but there is no damage past the firewall! its all in that area! all doors line up straight and all panels look straight apart from obviously bonnet and front right wing that the only panels that are effected! but how much is your mate after for this rolling sportif chassis?

Bill.

yea i can see your point but there is no damage past the firewall! its all in that area! all doors line up straight and all panels look straight apart from obviously bonnet and front right wing that the only panels that are effected! but how much is your mate after for this rolling sportif chassis?

Bill.

Yeah i understand you can't see more damage but it is what you can't see that could be the killer ;).

The rolling shell has Tein HA Coilovers on it but they could do with refurbishing. He said he would happily take around £650 with the Coilovers or £500 without.

PM me if you are interested and Iâ??ll sort it out for you :).

Bourkey