wanna hear my car flutter..

not going to leave it like it.. just want to know.. heres an old image of my engine, what do i need to do to my BOV to get a flutter. disconnect what? ect.. im guessing id have to pull one of those vaccum pipes off.

also i have a nut on the end if i turn it it gets loser i dont think it adjusts it though what is that? (never tried to see if it comes all the way out)

128-2814_IMG.jpg

Wish my car would Flutter ;) ;)

you may have to take your BOV valve off, not too sure but there maybe another way around it, like on the Blitz BOV you can adjust when the BOV opens and to get it to flutter you would need it to open as late as possible. I.E stiffen it instead of softening it. Would also wor better with FMIC so i heard

Not 100% on this

Edit: i thort this was gna be a video clip of your car fluttering............ gutted but once you know how post a vid ;)

Are you trying to get the noise the rally cars make? If so take the bov off and block the hole i think,not 100% though.dunno how long the turbo will last either as the fluttering is the air passing back over the turbo blades the wrong way! Try it and let us know.

you gotta take your bov off all together mate and just use the recerc valve, from the outside it'll sound like a flutter, but from inside it'll sound like darth vador lol. but thats how its done mate and trust me it works because i let my mate drive while i stood outside and videod it and it fluttered sounds cool, but aint good for the turbo though.

You sure they arn't using the re-circ valve as mentioned above? No valve is gonna be v bad for the turbo,just look at the number of rally cars that have engine failure! Not saying it's always caused by turbo damage but it cant do the engine any good! Just my 2pence worth,im no expert but a bov is there for a reason. Engine longevity.

Yeah it won't effect the engine. A stock starlet flutters on low boost anyway so running a few more psi isn't really going to make much difference. Yes it will reduce the life but the parameters are so small it will barely make a difference, we're talking day's rather than year's of life..

Here is a video of mine, 202@ wheels, around 235@ fly and 230 ft/lb torque, basically double the original ;)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...6729&q=ep82

Cheers

T

gaz, i checked your baileys valve and there not adjustable..

youll have to go for either a blitz/sard/hks etc valve thats adjustable..

then as someone allready said, adjust it so theres not a lot of pressure on the bov diaphram, so it will flutter under gentle throttle, or dump under harsher acceleration..

have a listen to mine, mines a combination of the bov and the air recirculating back out of the filter..

ill get my mate to bring his video camera out and ill get some clips of mine fluttering, going through the town centre it echos, sounds insane ;)

Yeah it won't effect the engine. A stock starlet flutters on low boost anyway so running a few more psi isn't really going to make much difference. Yes it will reduce the life but the parameters are so small it will barely make a difference, we're talking day's rather than year's of life..

Here is a video of mine, 202@ wheels, around 235@ fly and 230 ft/lb torque, basically double the original ;)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...6729&q=ep82

Cheers

T

does sound awesome.