N/a To Turbo Conversion?

Hi guys, got a quick question for anyone who has done the 4EFTE Swap into an N/a,

Just wondering how much did it roughly set you back? Not after like full details just rough estimates.

Maybe tempted into doing the FTE swap on mine, as im at a standstill with this Idle problem and i cant keep throwing money away trying to fix something that is a mystery :D . Its either sell up or do a conversion, thats what is running through my head at the minute.

Not saying im 100% doing it just weighing up my options!!

Thanks gents.

Liam

hehe i would of said i personally spent around £1800 + just because i was really picky lol

you could easily do it cheaper alot cheaper!

it all boild down to how you go about the wiring? either get an auto elec to do the wiring or buy an engine

with matchin ecu wiring loom, interior loom and clocks etc then throw the whole lot in....

rough prices

get engine, ecu, wiring loom £600

clocks £60

intercooler either tmic or fmic £220

air filter relocation £40

exhaust adjusted to fit £70

decat£50

boost gauge!20

bov ?

power steering pipe £10

could easily be done for under £1000 id uprate the brakes also...

Cheers guys, the replies are much appriciated. Im really fussy when it comes to buying parts so i would probably end up spending like £3000 doing a conversion.

Think im going to have to leave this idea now, looks like it isnt going to happen :)

• 4 months later...
Think I remember working out around £1000 for a cheapo unfussy base conversion and circa £1500 for something done half properly. Completely depends on the car in question but you could spend twice that (and upwards) making something special. The trick is tailoring the conversion to suit your own needs. Not everyone can afford/use/appreciate a 300bhp monster EP so plan carefully.

I have a scrap of paper somewhere with everything needed for a conversion on it. Will let you know if I can find it mate.

Jay

any luck on the scrap of paper dude? im going forged conversion, and wanted a checklist to tick off a few items a month :wub: and should have it ready by next year

any help jay would be awesome

ryan