That I dont know Glenn but...

I do know the airbag is connected to some sort of sensor box underneath the centre console.

I found that out whilst installing the quickshifter.

Best to wait for someone who has dunnit to come along ;)

Peace Out

Joz

That I dont know Glen but...

I do know the airbag is connected to some sort of sensor box underneath the centre console.

I found that out whilst installing the quickshifter.

Best to wait for someone who has dunnit to come along ;)

Peace Out

Joz

Will do Joz.

I did notice a key slot on the side of he wheel... Maybe thats it? ;)

No, theres prob more to it than that.

I think it wud be easy to say disconnect the airbag 1st, doing it is another matter.

Defo disconnecting some wiring etc for sure...

Im positive someone will be on shortly later today to fill u in!

U changing to a sports wheel yea?

Peace Out

Joz

No, theres prob more to it than that.

I think it wud be easy to say disconnect the airbag 1st, doing it is another matter.

Defo disconnecting some wiring etc for sure...

Im positive someone will be on shortly later today to fill you in!

you changing to a sports wheel yea?

Peace Out

Joz

Nah, just want to get the wheel out the way to change clocks over to the SR ones. With the wheel ouyt the way it shed loads easier. ;)

An air bag is like a small bomb just waiting to go bang! Wait till someone who has done it tells you what to disconnect for sure,It's gonna hurt if that goes off when you least expect it to! I'm interested to know too because i wanna change my steering wheel soon.

Well, I disconnected the battery, released the two screws (one either side) and knocked...

You're joking! :huh:

I could have knocked it with a 10lb sledge and it wouldn't have moved! So I left it there and worked around it. I'll need to remove the damn thing before long though as I'm after a Momo wheel. :lol:

Cheers guys.

EarL.

you get a "puller" to get steering wheels off the splines -- but they're for pussies :huh: only joking mate... they can be stuck on there pretty hard.

Kind of the same as a flywheel puller if you go looking for one.

mite sound stupid mate but have you taken the airbag off fully from the steering wheel before you undo the 19mm nut on the wheel??????

if you have then undo the nut but leave it on 2 or 3 turns then hit either side off the steering wheel until it comes off