hey people i brought tm developments td06 turbo (440bhp one) off sps dane some time ago but never used it, i have just sent it off to universal turbos to get it checked and they found the bearings and seals have been damage they said this was caused by a blown engine! so i emailed dane and he said he cant refund me the money because he doesnt believe dave would sell him a faulty turbo. universal turbos want £420 to rebuild it and im left felling done over!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was this a new turbo when you bought it or a second hand one?

if its second hand then dane can easily use the "sold as seen" card and unfortunatly theres nothing that can be done

can see your annoyance though id be really pissed if it was me

was this a new turbo when you bought it or a second hand one?

if its second hand then dane can easily use the "sold as seen" card and unfortunatly theres nothing that can be done

can see your annoyance though id be really pissed if it was me

yeah mate thats what he said, and yeah its proper pissed me off :lol:

i cant imagine Dane trying to shaft you tbh..

Was there any shaft play in the turbo and what made you send it off to get checked??

Cheers

no shaft play mate the exhaust housing was a little oily i sent it off just to get it checked before putting it on my newly built 5e to be safe glad i did

id send it to another turbo company if i were you mate, i use one called BTN turbo, VERY good.

They will tell you for sure if anythings wrong with it.

I think the turbo company maybe trying to shaft you rather than Dane.

If another company say its fooked, contact Dane.

If Dane Refuses to give you a refund mate, you will have lost out unfortunatly, but Danes quite a good guy so he SHOULD give you some sort of re-fund.

If you want me to send it to BTN PM me.

id send it to another turbo company if i were you mate, i use one called BTN turbo, VERY good.

They will tell you for sure if anythings wrong with it.

I think the turbo company maybe trying to shaft you rather than Dane.

If another company say its fooked, contact Dane.

If Dane Refuses to give you a refund mate, you will have lost out unfortunatly, but Danes quite a good guy so he SHOULD give you some sort of re-fund.

If you want me to send it to BTN PM me.

The tuning garage that use universal turbos have said that they are the best people to send it to and that they have used them for some time now

I will just add my comments to this as I am being threatened with legal action. This turbo cam off our own car, engine and turbo were running fine, no smoke from turbo. The engine is now in Belgium and fine. I sold this to Dane probably 9 months ago and have no idea what has happened since, BUT I can guarantee it was fine when I sold it!!