Fog Light Button

is this suppose to light up when pushed in ?

My rear fog is wired into the original fog button and he said a light should come up.

apparently you have to have a light to show you fogs are on!

He was fail me on that stupid muppet.

When i push my rear fog light button it, a light on the dash comes up and the light comes on, press it again and it will go off :rolleyes:

That's a uk starlet though yes? Imports don't have a rear fog as standard, you do need the button to light up when on, I have my rear fogs wired too a nasty big blue halfords switch that lights up.

The standard fog light switch doesn't have a light so it's probably easiest wiring the rear one into a seperate switch with a light.

That's a uk starlet though yes? Imports don't have a rear fog as standard, you do need the button to light up when on, I have my rear fogs wired too a nasty big blue halfords switch that lights up.

The standard fog light switch doesn't have a light so it's probably easiest wiring the rear one into a seperate switch with a light.

Yar, SR..

thats great help. i thought a bulb had gone in the standard switch.

so just get a switch with a light for next mot i guess!

the switch dont need to light up or mot mate, just the actuall fog lamp need to illuminate

When the rear fog light is on there has to be a "tell tale" that it's on, so either the switch needs to light up or yu have a light on the dash like the standard uk cars have.

if they dont come with a rear fog as standard i guess thats why i couldnt find a plug to plug the switch into when i done my conversion ?? or should their still be a plug for it for the front ones.

sorry im gettin bad a hijacking threads but just doesnt seem worth starting a new one

if they dont come with a rear fog as standard i guess thats why i couldnt find a plug to plug the switch into when i done my conversion ?? or should their still be a plug for it for the front ones.

sorry im gettin bad a hijacking threads but just doesnt seem worth starting a new one

there should be a switch on the right hand side for the front ones. mines wired into that and they moaned as no light came up.

i mean so stupid!!