• 1 month later...

OK best update this thing. :D

ermm right ill start back at the begining, I changed mani for SV one from Derek and was blowing.. had it on and off about 5 times trying to stop it blowing, buying new gaskets and sealants, getting it rewelded is suspect areas etc etc... i then took the car off the road whilst i took the mani to work to mill the flanges flat. which all ended in a complete FAIL and i couldnt see where it was blowing from at all.

i then thought F*ck it and decided to get a zisco compact but it was when they had stoped trading for a month so i couldnt order one. then luckily matt (socks) decided to sell this ported standard mani

img00095201006151645.jpg

When i came to take the SV mani off, as it had been left untouched for a while, there was some carbon deposits on the gaskets and along the outside of one of the runners. so i could then see that it was infact blowing from a corner of where the tubing meets the turbo flange, in such a place it would be impossible to see by eye that it was cracked without testing it. so thanks for selling me a cracked manifold, with the lame excuse of taking it off before selling the car.. when it was obviously taken off because it was cracked !! Nob! :rtfm: :(

anyway got the nice ported one painted and fitted:

snc00178.jpg

snc00182.jpg

:D which is music to my ears now... thank you very very much matty :o:p

i dont know if its just in my head though, but it does seem to be a tad more restrictive but for now its quality.

meanwhile i got the cooling sorted with a RX7 top mount, which im planning to upgrade to a front mount eventually

rx7tmic.png

*And finally as above ive got a jam ecu fitted so im running 1 bar.

Think thats it for now, just wanna get it on a RR so i know what power im at then next mod will be whiteline arb most probably, possibly uprated clutch at some point cause mine is chattering then bogging out when i set off. then i can get down to do some 1/4 mile runs.

snc00230x.jpg

snc00023.jpg

Carl