Hey guys just after a bit of advice!! been looking at a 4efte to rebuild to put in the sr found one stupidly cheap that has had 2 pistons fail just wondering how much people think it would cost to do a standard ish rebuild? so i know if its worth ift or not or if in the long term its going to be cheaper to buy one that runs??

Thanks Rob

No idea on costs but if you were going to do it properly which I'm guessing you are you'd need to take into account:

machine the block

piston rings

pistons/rods if the old ones are fucked

water pump

oil pump

new valve stem seals depending on the mileage

all belts

etc...

The full 4EFTE Gasket kit is very good value at around £120 and all includes all gaskets (head, turbo, downpipe, inlet, exhaust) + new valve seals.

Don't forget about the cost for the wiring to get the actual engine running as well, unless doing it yourself.

That is another ball ache to think about cost/hassle wise.

I'd save for a working low mileage baby and do it properly. Do it cheap, do it twice!

Joz

If you are in need of gaskets and parts give me a shout, I can get a gasket kit for the whole engine for around £90

Plus discounts on other parts

Gary

Nooooo Gary lol.

Wish you told me that sooner!

Is it a genuine Toyota 4EFTE kit that you can get?

Joz

Ignore my hurried babble earlier it just 2 piston rings that have failed.

from the advert

60k miles.piston rings have gone in two pistons. ideal for a forged rebuild head sounded sweet not exessive taping or rattles.

Info:i was going to rebuild the engine myself but have got rid of the starbo so need it gone.comes with altenator and powersteering pump.dissy cap aswel.

The full 4EFTE Gasket kit is very good value at around £120 and all includes all gaskets (head, turbo, downpipe, inlet, exhaust) + new valve seals.

Don't forget about the cost for the wiring to get the actual engine running as well, unless doing it yourself.

That is another ball ache to think about cost/hassle wise.

I'd save for a working low mileage baby and do it properly. Do it cheap, do it twice!

Joz

Yea already got a loom stashed away that will take care of the majority of wiring issues but im not worrying about that at the mo!!

Just wondered if it would save time in the long run. Buying a running engine it will only need rebuilding at some point in the future so it would only end beingdoen once its been in the car for a bit was thinking to do it now why i have the time. Allowing for the gasket set and getting it skimmed and checked out its. belts are service items so ive already factored that in as well as filters etc!! ill have a ponder!!

Hi,

Give us a shout if you need a quote on a rebuild but we do also build fully forged 4E and 5E Engines to any spec you need and we also do custom engine conversions if required.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk