Yep, anything you want but try to match the RMS input of your speakers to the RMS output of your headunit as close as possible for optimum results. For the most part you can disregard any information on Max/Peak Wattage

Yep, anything you want but try to match the RMS input of your speakers to the RMS output of your headunit as close as possible for optimum results. For the most part you can disregard any information on Max/Peak Wattage

What you want is two very loud 4" speakers in the front and a nice small sub in the boot. Turn the bass down a fair bit on the head unit so the front ones don't make that flapping sound at high volume. Then turn the bass to your desired level on the sub/amp itself. You should then get awesome sound quality. I did it in mine and it sounded perfect. I had a 12" sub but i reckon a punchy 10" will be better :blink:.

Bourkey

^^ yh thats what i was running before, sound very good in the front of the car, but in the back all you hear is bass. And mine being a five door i got 2 many complains from passengers :|

now im running 2 front speakers from the head unit, 2 6x9's in the parcel shelf powered from the headunit and a 12" sub powered by an amp :blink:

Anup

^^ yh thats what i was running before, sound very good in the front of the car, but in the back all you hear is bass. And mine being a five door i got 2 many complains from passengers :|

now im running 2 front speakers from the head unit, 2 6x9's in the parcel shelf powered from the headunit and a 12" sub powered by an amp :)

Anup

Turn the bass down then :blink:

Bourkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i replaced the front with some pioneer 4" 50watt RMS and it made a big difference at the time and replaced the rear with the same 50watt RMS with my subs in the back but that was not good enough, so i went for for 4x 6.5" custom door builds running all of my amp went for alpine this time with type R coax, and type x Components and they are so crisp! but i had to pay the price, all worth it tho :)