Hungarian 4a-ge Paseo

How cool is this? I'm glad I stumbled upon it to be honest!

Here is the quote from the owners post on Paseo-driver forums :

Hi there.

I'm from Hungary, and i'm also an owner of a L5 Paseo.

I just want to say Hello smiley.gif

As the Paseo never been sold officially in Hungary and this car is quite rare here, we have no such a community for Paseos.

I've bought the car in 2006. I do like the shape of the car, but i was not really impressed about the performance of the engine.

So, i decided to tune the car, but i knew, that the 5E-FE engine is not really designed for tuning.

My choice was a little bit radical: the 4A-GE silvertop 20V engine. I've bought and imported one from USA (the car is originated from USA also). The swap was finished in June 2007.

I'm not a car mechanic, so the honour is not mine, my friend made everything.

Of course, the running gear has been changed: custom springs and shock absorvers, Avensis front brakes, Corolla GTi disc brakes rear, spacers, etc.

This setup is reliable, as i've been driven ~20k kilometers with it, since the swap.

Here are some pictures about my car:

1603447711_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

5401737382_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

7139212843_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

10488678824_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

8332192465_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Must of been one hell of a job.

Not really, its been done plenty of times...mostly in the EL44, but I doubt there's much variance in the process - some people have even managed without notching the chassis leg and with a stock radiator, but its generally not too complicated

Spare £1000 for the engine, then all the ancillaries like ECU & Loom and the re-wiring, yeah, very economical, just get a Levin, its a better Paseo :rolleyes:

that is so kool i was also going to do the 4age swap but had a accident that set me back so have to save up again you had 2 get custom engine mounts made ye?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man nice car.Are you the FAMOUS HUNGARY BUYER, did you buy it from CHIN LEE KUN (CLK MOTORSPORT), i read something like that on CLK Motorsport web page.I'm thinking to buy BLACK TOP.But it's a bit too expensive for me right now.