My Ep82 And Wms Brake Fitment

Hi all,

After talking to Keri at WMS I decided on a set of his 275x22mm brake kits. When I got the calipers I couldn't believe the lack of weight to them.

the quality was fantastic and the price was unbelievable.

Once I had got the rest of the kit I knew I had made the right choice and couldn't wait to fit them. Thinking it would be a bit of a challenge to fit them I was proved wrong.

I decided to take the brake dust cover off instead of trimming. IMG00192.jpg

Next I fitted the brake hose

IMG00201.jpg

Then the caliper bracket

IMG00202.jpg

Next was the discs

IMG00203.jpg

Now for the caplipers and ebc red stuff pads

IMG00197.jpg

After a while back on the car lift and a few bottles on rbf600 brake fluid recommend by alot of circuit racers and the wheels back on the outcome was

IMG00198.jpg

Thanks to Keri at WMS for all the support, communication and the production of this kit!

look lush mate how much and what size wheels are they as i have 15s would they fit behind them also whats the stoppin power like

Cheers was just over £600, they are 15s. At the moment just bedding in so unsure of the full stopping power

Great guide to fitting Phil - they look spot on under those rims! ^_^

For reference the bolt torque settings for people playing with WMS kits are:

"hand tight" on the brake line > caliper fitting, it's a 1/8NPT TAPERED thread and will "lock and seal" easily but feel ODD! Don't overtighten...

30ftlb DRY on the 3/8UNC caliper joining bolts.

40ftlb DRY on the M10 caliper > bracket bolts.

65ftlb DRY on the M12 bracket > strut bolts (or 60ftlb DRY on the "beta" brackets).

Here's how the brackets should be fitted:

WMS-800x600-4P1071-f.jpg

And here's how you can trim (plus a bit of tapping!) the heat shield to retain it:

WMS-800x600-4P1071-c.jpg

Follow the bedding-in instructions in the EBC box, then put some miles on them to ensure all the "brake-in compound" is gone, then give them hell! ;)

Looking good!! I hate the boring discs though which puts me off, sort some sexy anodised 2 pieces out Keri B):p

Lets see more of your car Phil and some spec :lol:

Don't you worry, I will do! Everyone should note though, the bell+rotors will be retro-fit-able....so for instance if Phil fancied a set in the future I could supply the parts needed (rotors/bells/fixings/caliper-width spacers and maybe caliper bolts) but the calipers/brackets/mounting bolts/lines/pads etc are all retained! :wub:

Helps spread the cost, no need to jump right in at the deep end....

Will do!

I've just been updating photos (including my post above) to show the production brackets and which way to fit them... :wub:

Phil, get some photos of the car up old chap - it looked pretty cool to me and it's not like you just bought it now is it! :lol:

IMG00202.jpg

IMG00197.jpg

Thats amazing how you fitted the bracket then the caliper magicly switched round to the otherside of the disc! B) Sorry couldn't resist.

They look great though, if i had a starbo i would be buying a set of these, keep us all informed of what they are like when you come to use them properly :lol:

Jason :wub:

Will do!

I've just been updating photos (including my post above) to show the production brackets and which way to fit them... B)

Phil, get some photos of the car up old chap - it looked pretty cool to me and it's not like you just bought it now is it! :lol:

I will do got a couple of days off now, so will get some pics of the car. Cheers no taken a while to get her how she is well actually over 7 years :wub:

I will do got a couple of days off now, so will get some pics of the car. Cheers no taken a while to get her how she is well actually over 7 years :wub:

So have you ever taken it on a trackday? I need to get my car fixed (well, "built") then fancy tagging on to an 'astinz > Brands convoy (me and my 'lil bro's) as you're just up the road?

It would make a classic mix of cars, we'd have a 3.5l (5 series engine) E30 BMW Touring, a gutted 205 Rally with a Saxo VTS 16v lump, my MR2 AW11 with it's 1.8 7A-GE mongrel engine, plus anyone else who's game!

We'll all get to see if I drop it on Paddock Hill like most MR2's tend to, engine in the back and all that! :lol:

Yeah would defiantly be up for that!! been to castle combe twice buts thats a while ago now. But been to brands a few times with my mates R33

Cool! I'm supposed to be off to the Nurberbring in Aug (family holiday roadtrip: UK>France>Italy>Stelvio Pass>'Ring>UK, no crashes!) and need to get some practice somewhere there are gravel traps first methinks...that's the plan for the summer.

I have had a chance and the first thing I can say is wow!! haven't jammed them on all the way to scared to incase it sends me and my seat

through the windscreen!! :)

lol :)

It's using them when going "fast" down hills that tends to make me grin the most!

• 2 months later...

Phil's got a car!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking good, get some more up! (Happy to take a few with the SLR if you're ever in the area...also best to just wipe the plate)

Cleaned it up a tad, hope you don't mind?

tweaked.jpg