Installing A Corolla Mani On A Sportif...

Good newS guys! Got it all working :lol: I can feel a slight difference in power but it's hard to tell as it's been since Saturday that I last drove her! The metallic vibrating noise is just the fuel filter rattling on the front strut brace! I moved it behind rather than in front of it lol just a few concerns now....

Am I right to be able to hear a slight hissing noise?

And since the new mani has been on, my exhaust has started blowing more than it was before (it was leaking slightly at the joint by the backbox) an now it's worse! Would that be because there's more pressure?!?

Thanks soooooo much for all the help :lol:

Nathan

That's wrong, the Corolla manifold gives better top end compared to the standard one.

the standard starlet or corola fella. if corola i cant see how this is because the longer port runners and smaller plenum on this mani all add up to 1 thing, and its not bigger top end, thr are three different manifolds on this engine, and the earlyer corrola is the one with the hp and this mani is not the match for that engine. i will flow bench both and let you know the results but i bet a pound 2 a penny im right can tell just by looking at it. BUT am som times wrong,

can you tell me the standard size of the throttle plate on this mani and message me so as not to take up room onthis topic plz, am trying to find out, because if the throttle plate is bigger that could acount for som improved mid range hp. but I've fitted seperat throttle bodies and side draft carbs befor (for big top end power and as a rule lose bottom end torque and som hp, and this manifold is the opposit of short throttle bodys, just call me the urban legand killer. also check out wikidpidier on the 4efe engine and it will repeat som of wat i just said. its all about VE my friend