Seriously Pished Off

right 3weeks ago a got a oem exedy clutch fitted to my glanza.. Any way when a collected and started to drive home clutch was sliping as soon as a plant my right foot. A neva new it was sliping until a explaind ths to my dad and he told. Anyhow took back to garage and there sayin its because a have took the restriction off 1st and 2nd. Help lol

you have prob glased the friction plate on the clutch,you have to bed in new clutches for 500 miles without driving it hard

yeah chanelle knows it, you have to drive it really carefully for the first 500miles like bedding brakes :)

you bed them in abit, BUT it should def not slip dude, was it a proper exedy one and not a fake rep one of ebay?

if it a proper one i would say they could of got oil hands on the friction plate, OR that your crank seal has gone at the same time!!!!!!

gearbox out job tho

you bed them in abit, BUT it should def not slip dude, was it a proper exedy one and not a fake rep one of ebay?

if it a proper one i would say they could of got oil hands on the friction plate, OR that your crank seal has gone at the same time!!!!!!

gearbox out job tho

X2. could possibly be the oil seal. my clutch started slipping the other day. going to get it off and see if its just the oil seal. exedy paddle only covered about 10,000 miles and its slipping lol

where is the biting point it mite just need ajusting on the pedel

could the clutch slip if the pedal was higher. mine used to be slightly below the brake pedal but i got it adjusted level with the brake pedal. and the next day it was slipping. got me thinking now lol.

sorry to hijack your thread mate, might aswell ask on here rather than opening a new one.

where is the biting point it mite just need ajusting on the pedel

A seriously dont no mate! And a wasnt driving it hard like. Even if a wanted to a couldnt as it slips 3000revs if you put foot down to much

gearbox out job tho

Not bother if gearbox comes tbh cost a certinatly not pay for a clutch to fuck up 3wks later. Al make sure it gets fixed for free

haha agreed PP's everywhere now lol not a bad thing though

as for the clutch it does need bedding in but as said it shouldnt be slipping. take it back and tell them the gt's dont have a boost restriction so that has naff all to do with it lol

what clutch did they use?

they could have thrown in an n/a clutch, if they fit, which wouldnt have the clamping pressure of one designed for a stock turbo.

if you sourced it off ebay then chances are it's a fake. ;[

The n/a 4EFE clutch is smaller Steve so no chance they would have used an n/a clutch.

A genuine standard issue Exedy would start to slip eventually anyway, and a counterfeit one would probably slip even faster.

Joz

The n/a 4EFE clutch is smaller Steve so no chance they would have used an n/a clutch.

A genuine standard issue Exedy would start to slip eventually anyway, and a counterfeit one would probably slip even faster.

Joz

It was my girlfriends dads garage that done the clutch.. Its at garage still so waiting to hear what the script is. But am certainly not paying for it to get sorted