Weird One For You

Guest ep82_girl

hiya guys and gals,

this is a proper weird one for you. my car is hesitating to start :lol: now i dont drive it all week and when i go to start it she starts perfect but if i park up for say 10mins and try and start her again she hesitates for a few seconds and then starts fine. i know she has a fpr fitted but i thought that would cause the problems when she been left for ages not when i been driving her.

if i park her up all day and start her again she starts fine. im just worried when due it will just tick and not turn over :lol:

any help be very much appreciated

Luv jo+oky

xxx

i would go for stuff like check the distributor + rotor arm could be a bit worn and would miss a few time then start. try plugs if that dont work

if its just making a ticking and not turning over then maybe starter is on its way?

thats all i can say :lol:

Guest ep82_girl

she has heat range 7 igk idrium plugs put in last week.

fuel pump?? would it be that??? i thought that would affect it when no fuel in the system not when it is in??

xxx

Guest ep82_girl
bang a nice walbro pump in anyway just cause there beneficial and little oky would love you forever for it :lol:

is that the problem the fuel pump??

hahaha she should love me anyway the amount she is costing me!!!

il check them out now

xxx

could well the the fuel pump... if its weak it wont be pushing enough through. mine has a bit of a dodgy fuel pump and sometimes cuts out and just turns over. if i leave it for a minute or two and crank it over again it's usually fine.

just double check all the connections are all good with the leads and king lead to the coilpack aswell

how fast does the car crank could be your battery, as 9v or needed on engine cranking to arm the ecu should drop no more thn 10v. also remove the throttle body and clean out the throttle plate. other things to do are check engine earthing leads and sensor earthing banks in engine bay and clean if needed. + adjust acel cable, so thr is no delay from foot to the throttle arm.

Guest ep82_girl

im spoling oky to a new fuel pump :lol: mines prob 20yrs old lol.

so ticks over but she dont start for a bout 3 secs she dont fail to start at all its as if she cant be bothered lol!!!

xxx

Guest ep82_girl

cheshire glanza whats a throttle body??? (sorry ive heard of it just dont know what it is)

glanza_cl she is not cutting out at all its as if she thinks of god i gotta start agen lol!!

nasty rash- my car is 20yrs old and the others had start to corrode away so due to the damage i bought her new 1s :)

xxx

throttle body is on the right of the block, the pipe from the right side of your intercooler will attach to it, take the intercooler piping off, there'll be a few bolts holding the throttle body onto the block. theres a butterfly valve in the middle, put your finger in and push the valve open and either rap a rag round a screwdriver and poke that in and give it a good wipe, or take the throttle bodie off and give it a good clean, youll see were its bolted on when you get the piping off. make sure you dont loose anything inside though, not good.lol.