sorry my fault, the boost drops away at 4500 not the revs the revs stay where they are but it wont let me rev past that certain point, no its definately not fuel cut as im running stock boost at the moment

sounds timing related then get that checked and go from there

strange one.

so once it gets to 5000 rpm, it wont go above that, and soon as it gets to 5000 rpm, the boost drops to 0??

once once you slow down, and then speed up, im assuming it just repeats this?

dump valve, , but youve changed it?

wastegate gettin stuck open.

youve dropped to standard boost, so is this happening, at a certain rpm, or a certain level of boost, for example, it always happens at 0.7 bar? or it always happens at 4500 rpm?

youve dropped to standard boost, so is this happening, at a certain rpm, or a certain level of boost, for example, it always happens at 0.7 bar? or it always happens at 4500 rpm?

already asked that one mate its when it gets to the revs, which puzzled me cause i would of thought if it was boost something wasnt holding the pressure?

Hey all im gav georgies man friend lol,irl be using her profile until mine is activated as its getting increasingly hard relaying messages back an forth betwwen here and georgie etc, irl post up a intro thread/build thread of my mr2 im building when i next get time.just wanted to say thanks for your help so far, you seam to be avery helpfull bunch :thumbsup:

As georgie has stated i have just about checked every conceivable outcome to no avail, im pritty stumped but as said it does sound timming related.

As said, the car pulls rearly hard in all gears and the turbo starts to spool up nice with no noises whines or rattles, then once the revs have reached 4,500 5,000 rpm boost drops instantly to 0 no matter what the boost is set at, with what feels like the engine holding back and wont go beyond 4,500/5,000rpm, it holds the revs but no boost, no fault lights come on the dash either, ie EM etc

This is what i have done so far for checks

hks bov swaped for a bailey dump

reset ecu

checked all hoses and clips

disconnected avcr SOL and reverted back to stock

boost guage hose checked, i even disconected the guage completely to make sure there were no faults with the internals of the guage

theres no cracks on any charge pipe work, and there are no cracks in the exhaust manni

the hks actuater feels very stiff with no play atall

im pritty stumped, i will check the timming tamuro but if that fails new actuator to make sure, then im going to be rearly stumped

if anyone else has any thorts on this please feel free to add your input

Thanks again Gav

hey all sorry just been out in the pouring rain doin the old paper clip dianostic check but no codes were thrown up new it wasnt going to be a pig lol.

wallace, we cant fit the old turbo as it shit its seals when boost was increased, we have uprated the fuel pump walbro 255 new filter etc but that is it, im planning on buying her a FPR in the near future but wouldnt of thought the fueling would be such a restiction as the stock injectors are only runnin a max of 40% if that, AFR seem to be nice and rich aswell. whats your thoughts?

Spoonz, it holds rpm buddy but dosnt drop

Gaz, an aftermarket one pal unsure of make was fitted by previous owner, i will pop it off for a clean tamuro but from what i can see the green filter is nice and clean looking but will double check

Enzo, yes mate its tong was brand new from you, fitted last week primed as detailed in the instrutions supplied with it, it does seem to be more noticeble after the turbo has been fitted.

i would hav thought if the timing was out it would affect the running of the car through out the rev range not just a certain points.

im rearly confussed now i have also spoken to alot of jap builders i deal with all stumped aswell

what ever it is its something that can be fixed. your engins not done in

so it did this before the tubby just not as noticable?

do you have a timing light to check the timing?

if you do i can post up a how to on how to check it.

i no its done in buddy, its runs fine until 5grand, irl check the timing tamuro but im pritty sure its unralted but worth a crack, irl spend all day tamuro to try and narrow it down fingers crossed its sumthing simple I've overlooked, i wanted to hav it on the rollers with mr rowe to see hp out put etc untill i fix the fault theres not alot of point, thanks for everyones time

it wasnt that i didnt want your help buddy i was just exsplaining that it wasnt fuel cut as it was running stock boost as the AVCR was set off, lets hope its something simple, irl update tamuro

well I've noticed it today, the mises rairly takes it over 4grand but when i took it out today i noticed it, recently had the turbo changed along with water pump,cam kit, oil pump, fuel pump etc, im going to go over the hole charge system and double check for leaks, the boost does drop like a stone tho im baffled

yeah no what you mean damn cars, i checked all the hoses but no doubt i over looked a split some were stuff like this always turns out to be sumthing so simple right under you nose, thanks for your input irl post progrss tamuro B)

• 4 weeks later...