the car boosts and pulls really well up until more or less exactly 4500rpm then boost just drops away and thers no power, the revs stay where they are but wont let me rev past that rpm im not getting my engine light coming on, but when i bought the car about 8 months ago the kid did mention to me that he had taken the restriction off of 1st and 2nd gear, ive also had my ecu reset and its still happening

I dont have a standard actuator mate i have a hks one with a ct9 hybrid turbo, apexi avcr boost controller and other little mods like fmic etc, my bfs checked literally everything he can like hoses etc for any leaks or anything but cant find anything! the only thing hes thinking it might be is possibly where the previous owner disconnected the standard hi and low boost solenoid and he hasnt done it correctly, has anyone got a picture or the thread of how it should be done correctly??

do you have a boost gauge does it hold boost then suddenly dump it at 4500rpm or is it when it gets to a certain pressure it looses boost?

yes it just basically dumps it when it gets to 4500/5000rpm at whatever boost its set at like it was doing it when it was set at 0.8 and now ive set it back to stock boost and its still doing it??

i dont know if you mean if im running a recirculation valve but im running a dump valve if that was your question?? we thought it might of been that so we swapped my hks ssq for my old baileys dump valve but its still doing it

I cant understand why the revs would drop, if the revs didnt drop it could be actuator getting stuck open.

Im guessing its going to be a timing / ignition related issues if it makes the revs drop. Does it bang or pop?

Is it not just fuel cut?

if your boost just drops to 0 have u a fmic if so check all the pipes are connected see if theres any holes in the cooler things like that failing thats your actuator is stuck open if no boost is being created and check if your dump valve isnt stuck open

if your boost just drops to 0 have u a fmic if so check all the pipes are connected see if theres any holes in the cooler things like that failing thats your actuator is stuck open if no boost is being created and check if your dump valve isnt stuck open

i dont think u read my post properly, i have boost upto 45000rpm

i didnt notice u said the revs drop aswell, so when u boot it your boost guage creeps down? and so do your revs?

yes mate basically the car pulls realli well and creates boost fine until i hit that 4500/5000rpm then boost just like drops away

sorry my fault, the boost drops away at 4500 not the revs the revs stay where they are but it wont let me rev past that certain point, no its definately not fuel cut as im running stock boost at the moment

Boost leak or your actuators stuck open imo.

weve looked everywhere for a boost leek tho, checked all the appropriate hoses for holes and splits but we cant find anything :/ I've got an hks actuator could it still be getting stuck then?