Want To Run A T25/28 Need Info Please

hey guys i want to run a t25/28 off a 200sx on my ep82. ive got the following mods

fmic

3" exhaust all the way inc decat

fpr

fcd

and engine is fully rebuilt ( i know i have to run it in first)

stock internals

i understand i would have to rotate the inlet side slightly to fit the turbo

besides that i wanted to know if theres any other things that need taking care of

it may have been asked before but i just can't find the exact info i need on the forum.

any one running them? any predict power figs? and what psi should i run at without blowing the engine lol

any help will be much appreciated cheers

I've always considered FPR/FCD's lame, better to go for a piggyback or atleast a plug & play ECU.

Also I've heard of T25's being used on B16's, surely it would be slightly laggy on a 4EFTE?

im saving up for fcon at the mo, trust me when i can afford it i'll deffo get it. but for now i'm working with what i can.

i know the t25 was designed for a bigger car and it will be a little more laggy but only on launch otherwise it should get some good power rite?

i thought lag is only an issue if your at low revs trying to put your foot down or on launch. correct me if im wrong by the way

I used to run a t25 with a .64 rear housing off a 200sx with 360 bearing & uprated seals, on the dyno it made

208bhp @ .7bar

268bhp @ 1.1bar

I've been looking for the graph but cant find it at the mo I also road mapped it & ran it at 1.5bar was alot quicker but didnt get it on the rollers before switching to the gt28rs, it wasnt really a laggy turbo was on boost at 3500rpm, the figures above were on a forged engine with 460 injectors on the emanage blue, uprated fuel pump & other things cant remember it all but, it was on, std head, cams.

your definelty gonna need manifold, downpipe, external or internal wastegate set up i was external. also on a standard engine i wouldnt like to say how much boost you could run.

What sort of power are you aiming for? You might be better off with a different turbo depending on your goals, I'm assuming below 250bhp as you're runnning standard internals.

to be honest i want 200bhp at the wheels, i'm aiming for a controllable but fast daily drive

I used to run a t25 with a .64 rear housing off a 200sx with 360 bearing & uprated seals, on the dyno it made

208bhp @ .7bar

268bhp @ 1.1bar

I've been looking for the graph but cant find it at the mo I also road mapped it & ran it at 1.5bar was alot quicker but didnt get it on the rollers before switching to the gt28rs, it wasnt really a laggy turbo was on boost at 3500rpm, the figures above were on a forged engine with 460 injectors on the emanage blue, uprated fuel pump & other things cant remember it all but, it was on, std head, cams.

your definelty gonna need manifold, downpipe, external or internal wastegate set up i was external. also on a standard engine i wouldnt like to say how much boost you could run.

sounds like that was a really fast car, do you think i'd be able to get 200 at the wheels, how was it on stock head and cams? do i deffo need injectors? or can i make do on stocks?

i have a mani, uprated fuel pump and am looking for the down pipe at the mo, would i need any more supporting mods?

cheers for the help by the way and you too ste91

It wasnt bad now its much faster now, it will give you 200hp at the wheels & probably a few spares horses just incase lol, however a td04 would be a bit more responsive & also give you 200 at the wheels & they are alot cheaper to get hold although t25s are not that expensive really.

With the injectors standard ones wont cope although it depends how much boost you wanna run but theres no point having a bigger turbo & running it out of its effiency range its about matching the turbo to what you want.

Only other extra bits i think you may need is some better heat range plugs & thicker leads (basic stuff, as on the dyno at 1.1bar it was having problems with the plugs blowing out so had to re-gap them), electronic boost controller , theres probably somethings i forgot but theres always something else which is needed.

It wasnt bad now its much faster now, it will give you 200hp at the wheels & probably a few spares horses just incase lol, however a td04 would be a bit more responsive & also give you 200 at the wheels & they are alot cheaper to get hold although t25s are not that expensive really.

With the injectors standard ones wont cope although it depends how much boost you wanna run but theres no point having a bigger turbo & running it out of its effiency range its about matching the turbo to what you want.

Only other extra bits i think you may need is some better heat range plugs & thicker leads (basic stuff, as on the dyno at 1.1bar it was having problems with the plugs blowing out so had to re-gap them), electronic boost controller , theres probably somethings i forgot but theres always something else which is needed.

i ve been told that the td04 route is better but for the price i got all my kit for i couldnt say no to the t25 route lol

plugs and leads and basic stuff is sorted. which down pipe were you using by the way?

Its made by WEPR Im still using the same manifold & downpipe as they fit the gt series turbos (gt25, gt28) aswell, & the mani & downpipe are both stainless steel some people have problems with the stainless cracking but I've not had any problems yet & been running them for about 2years now, the downpipe has now been cut & welded to fit a side exit exhaust.

Its made by WEPR Im still using the same manifold & downpipe as they fit the gt series turbos (gt25, gt28) aswell, & the mani & downpipe are both stainless steel some people have problems with the stainless cracking but I've not had any problems yet & been running them for about 2years now, the downpipe has now been cut & welded to fit a side exit exhaust.

cheers for the info mate, you rekon i could run 15psi on stock internals?

appreciate all the help im getting