So I've got a 1998 n/a and it has no rev counter....i was hoping to fit one however i have been reading loads of info.

In some posts some members are stating that Paseo rev counters are a straight swap, others are saying that you need to swap some cables. I am also confused as what to look for (glanza, paseo, cynos etc etc)

So I have 4 main problems.

1) Which of these will actually fit a 1998 n/a?..(cynos, glanza s...another problem is here we use metric(kms) and not imperial units...so this limits me to JDM)

2) which is a straight swap?

3) My car has no rev counter...it is powered by a 2e engine (not UK spec)...will this be a problem?

4) Are there blank connections for the rev counter as there are for the clock (the actual clock which states teh time)?

Hi mate

First off, you say it's a 2e engine so I'm guessing you have a 80 series starlet? Correct me if I'm wrong

If so the paseo and glanza dials are all 90 series shape so they won't fit

Hope this helps

Gary

It's a 1998, EP90.....i know in the UK they are all powered by the 4e-fe but those imported here were powered by the 2e engine....

here's a pic of the dials

DSC00417.jpg

As you can see it's different from UK spec...steering wheel is different and even the indicator stalks are opposite way round

Right ok mate that's clearer now,

I had a 1997 ep91 sportif which had no revcounter, I switched to dials from a CD model and they worked perfect with no modification or wire swapping and had a rev counter.

Paseo or SR dials would fit but would require wire swapping

Gary

Right ok mate that's clearer now,

I had a 1997 ep91 sportif which had no revcounter, I switched to dials from a CD model and they worked perfect with no modification or wire swapping and had a rev counter.

Paseo or SR dials would fit but would require wire swapping

Gary

Any idea of glanza s dials?

Anyone have pics of glanza S dials as tbh i have never seen...

I would say glanza a would fit aswell but never seen it done

To be honest glanza s ones would be harder to get than other ones purely because they are rare and rarer to find them breaking

I have paseo dials for sale if your interested

Gary

I would say glanza a would fit aswell but never seen it done

To be honest glanza s ones would be harder to get than other ones purely because they are rare and rarer to find them breaking

I have paseo dials for sale if your interested

Gary

The problem is i'm in malta mate....too expensive to ship most stuff...thanks anyways

• 6 years later...

Lads, I know this is a very old thread but I'm considering to get Paseo clocks for my '98 N/A EP91 from EU just to have them in km/h (handy in Ireland, plus they cost £10-20max in Poland!) and as a complete greenhorn in relation to wiring, diagrams and plugs I have a quetsion:

Would the 'How 2 Fit Paseo Clocks Into A Starlet' tutorial work or the european clocks are different?!? Does anyone know please?