All

I am in the throws of selling my motorbike with the view to purchasing a Glanza, there are a few questions i would like to ask and hopefully recieve some advice on

Now being a "mature" older individual i would like a Glanza that is in good condition both body and running wise, the car will be run daily and taken to meets and club shows with my eldest who i have just purchased a micra as his first motor!!

I am located in Chesterfield Derbyshire

Which dealers are best to avoid or should i purchase private?

Standard or Modded Car?

What sort of price/mileage? i will have up to £4500 availble

Anyone in the area mind looking at a motor when i find one?

Or does anyone know of a good car that is becoming availble?

Sorry to harp on but the forum appears to be a friendly place and offer good advice, so heres hoping!

John :lol:

Welcome to the club john.

You should get a very good example for the cash you have got available

Some people say buying a standard one is better than buying one that has mods for the reason that it wont of been thrashedas much as a stock one.

But in my eyes if you get to know the back ground on a tuned car then it would be worth while buy one that has all the mods on it as it will save you alot of money in the future cause i can guarantee once you get used to the power in these shoe boxes you will want more power lol.

So if you keep comeing on this forum and get to know about these little pocket rockets you should end up with a minter.

Hi John

Which dealers are best to avoid or should i purchase private?

stear clear of the bradford area,

• keyley trade center
  • torque of keyley
  • wrc

the feedback from these places are generaly poor,

my personal recomendation to you is eather try and find a club car in the classifieds section(that way you know have more of an idea of its history + maintenance etc)

the second option would be to import one from japan. with this option your chances of finding one with lower miles in pristeen condition is more real.

Standard or Modded Car?

whats your intentions, power goals etc,.

if you are intent on modding i would spend time to find a modded example, it will save you money in the long run.

other people dont share my views and you need to watch that the car has been moded in the correct manor

What sort of price/mileage? i will have up to £4500 availble

in that price braket you have the whole market available to you,

4500 will get you something nice and tidy in the uk with decent miles,

this will also get you a fully forged td04 example

or if you were willing to import that would secure an ultra low mileage 99 spec example with optional extras from japan,

you would be waiting 2-3 months for your new v to arrive though

Anyone in the area mind looking at a motor when i find one?

im up in the borders so no can do but im sure someone local would do the deed for you.

Or does anyone know of a good car that is becoming availble?

again check the classifeds in the side bar

hopefully that answers your questions John

if you have not seen it here is a wee glanza buyers guide in the wiki section

ps get your son to sell his micra and buy an na starlet decent examples start from £300 if you know where to look, and like the micra they are bullet proof.

Enzo and Micky Boy thanks to you both for the reply's, excellent advice, was also hoping some one local would reply so i could have a chat face to face about what to look for etc.

Again Thank You

John :lol:

if you get stuck im only in worksop but im frequently in chesterfield as the missus works there. i dont have a glanza but ive seen a fair few over the past 4 years!

also have a look through the buying guides HERE there very good!!

Rob

if you get stuck im only in worksop but im frequently in chesterfield as the missus works there. i dont have a glanza but ive seen a fair few over the past 4 years!

also have a look through the buying guides HERE there very good!!

Rob

Cheers Rob

I have already checked them out after Enzo's post, appears he put them together! :lol:

Once i see somthing i'll pm you if that is ok?

John