Evening All :o

Well basically ive orderd a set of Carbon fibre eyebrows but, with my bonnet youve got to drop it from preety high to get it to even shut proply :o and im kinda worried that i myt not be able to put the eyebrows on without damaging them :o

Is there anyway of making my bonnet to shut easier or to rase the height slightly on the front of the bonnet to prevent the high dropping situation?

Thanks guys

:o

had this problem when i first got my car, easy fix.

all you need to do is wd40 the bonnet latch and locking mechanism. put some grease on it as well, copper or any half decent one will do. once you have done this test it.

pull the latch from inside the car a few times to work the grease in the mechanism and open the shut the bonnet a few times. I put a bit of solution tap in the bonnet latch which made it bit smoother when opening.

after you done this you will notice the difference when shutting you can just rest in on the latch and push down gently instead of slamming it. lol

hope that helps :o

Try cleaning the old grease out with a degreaser and a hard bristle brush, as it may have started seizing. Then spray it all over with WD40, wipe off excess and try it again?

are you sure its the catch Matt?...

have a look to see if anything in the engine bay itself is sitting maybe slightly high. i think there was something? i remember which sat slightly higher then stock height in the bay so made it harder then usual to close the bonnet

Just went to have a qucik look and there does seem to be some slight rubbing goin on in the latch,ill just go over it with degreaser then lube it up freshly :) lol there dont seem to be nothing that may be to high tbh, the only thing really is that when you rest the bonnet on the latch, that thin metal beam that the latch is actually connected to has some play in it that makes it bob down when you put any pressure on it.