sold my old wheels finally, got £260 in the end which is not bad but they were worth alot more i just got fed up of trying to sell them.

so what do i do now.......

the sensible part of me says save it for a the new car......

the devil in me says nomad pillar pod and two gauges......

man i hate trying to save while i still have plans for my n/a, but i will never have glanza power if i dont.

i kinda want to complete my n/a but the job will never be finished as there is always something i want, bucket seats, glanza front end with carbon bonnet, full respray, roll cage.......... the list is endless.

i have about 1/4 of the money i need for a glanza so the end seems so far away. so do i cheer myself up with the £260 or save?

lol id chear up and spunk the £260 on something for the brief ;)

glanzas will still be there tomorrow, aweek, month five years from now, wheres your tidy car wont

but in hindsight you do seam like a sensible bloke

i dont really want to get rid of my n/a but i want the power. im not really conviced on the turbo conversion as it would be alot of trouble to insure. my 16 year old bro wants my n/a so he doenst want me to buy a glanza just yet. i would want him to buy it but its unlikely he will be in a position to buy it before i get the money for a new one.

i guess its £260 that i didnt have before so i wont miss it if it magically turns into starlet parts.

I know u feel mate.

Modding a car never ends... and feel your at a certain crossroads.

I nearly gave up, but I kept going...

But mine being red makes it more unusual, find the right reasons to love your starbo for a little longer, dont rush into anything bro. Keep that £260 until u have sumthin concrete to go for, glanza is not the end all of solutions, even I am sketchy about getting one but then again I have forked out for a left nut and kidney to get where I am today.

Peace Out

Joz

p.s I sold the bmc ;)

did you get it on or just sold it to save the hassle?

getting a glanza is all ive thought about since i saw one so for me it is a must have. then an r32. ive got it all planned out!

To save the hassle really mate, the inlet was way to big. Also cudnt be arsed to spend more £££ on another cold air feed etc. Balls to it lol Im sticking with the apexi, still tasty shit!

Dont worry mate, Im a huge fan of the glanza as well and wanted one at the start, but Im carrying on with my red beast and hopefully it will help me find my answer lol! Im really enjoying it, but we all have different reasons. I love it for its jap characteristics and looks and fast road capabilities.

Do you push your starbo much?

Peace Out

Joz

i kinda push it. i dont go racing about dangerously but whever i get a bit of road i like to savour every gear a bit just to hear the noise as mine does sound awsome if i say so myself (and everyone else does)

things i want.

coilovers £600ish

rollcage £500ish

full respray £1000ish

glanza front end with carbon bonnet £800ish

bucket seats £400ish

now thats alot of money to spend.

what do you reckon i should spend the money on for performance/handling?

Hi mate

You need to get on msn so we can talk personally about this so u dont reveal your plans lol thats all about having your own thread.

I love this talk of suspension, gets the blood flowing...

I would disagree on some of your estimates tho mate, I'll send u a pm and the truth!

Peace Out

Joz

maybe i should put the money away for my own pc then so i can get msn!

was just rough estimates but still the point is still the same. why spend all the money on the n/a if ive already set my heart on a glanza in the next 6 months. (money dependent) i think my n/a is sweet but its not the carbon fibre'd, fmic'd, jdm monster that i could create spending the same on a glanza.

want to sort handling out though.

I think keirz meant the whole front end, not just the bumper etc, if u can get the whole glanza front end for £250 tell me where man lol!

Peace Out

Joz

p.s Keirz I'll get talking 2 u thru pm 2moro, I got things to do now lol ;) But u know its all on good terms lol!

ok joz

the front end i meant bumper and lights. the cabon bonnet alone is £500.

i thought about doing this when i seen the bumper and lights for sale on here for £200. was then gonna get the cf bonnet off ebay. after spraying this would prob be about £800.

the rest were just estimates!

off to bed to dream of buying more starlet parts now.

sold my old wheels finally, got £260 in the end which is not bad but they were worth alot more i just got fed up of trying to sell them.

so what do i do now.......

the sensible part of me says save it for a the new car......

the devil in me says nomad pillar pod and two gauges......

man i hate trying to save while i still have plans for my n/a, but i will never have glanza power if i dont.

i kinda want to complete my n/a but the job will never be finished as there is always something i want, bucket seats, glanza front end with carbon bonnet, full respray, roll cage.......... the list is endless.

i have about 1/4 of the money i need for a glanza so the end seems so far away. so do i cheer myself up with the £260 or save?

i was in exactly the same position bud.

and look at me now. i now have a 98 glanza v and i wouldnt change a thing about what i did!!

ask anyone on here, i loved my old n/a sooo much, but it was gonna turn into a money pit if i didnt change cars, as i would have wanted to finish it off.

and at the end of it it probably would have been hard to sell because of the price so it was time to move on ;)

if you can afford it, just do it.

Rich.

Glad to here you came into some money, i think you should keep modding and enjoying your n/a until your brother has passed his test :p

Save the money for things that will go on the glanza like coilys etc then you can take some of the goodies of the n/a and put it back standardish for your lil bro :D

No doubt you will have a Glanza one day but you are just goin to have to wait like the rest of us n/a boys!!!!! :D ;) ;)

Hope you make the right decision

i agree that it could become a money pit scutch. but its so damn tempting to finish this car off as i feel it deserves it!

my bro is with you on this one sparky. will be nice to keep it in the family. will also look sweet with two starlets on the drive.

maybe i should just get a glanza front end and then il be happy for a while. then save glanza money and make the decision to buy one or get a conversion at a later date.

the £260 may go towards a beer fund for the weekend!

I wouldnt go for a Glanza front mate if you are going to get a Glanza. I was goin to do that but im thinking about Glanza after I've finished with the n/a so i dont want my new car to look like my old one if you no what i mean ;)