Yes my friend thats the once i mean, its like a little piece of metal piper about 10mm diameter that sticks up from the rocker about an inch i think its the oil breather pipe?

there should be a black rubber pipe on that connected to the recirc valve if its not attached it will whistle.

@DAN: yes very fortunate as that could have punched a hole anywhere and completely torn the internals to bits?? doesnt sound good man :p

@luke: erm i honestly cannot remember matey as it was some time ago. 3 months maybe? i should probably just change the oil anyway tommorow while im at it. while on that topic, how would you recomend getting at the oil filter?

Sorry for all double posts. erm there is a little breather on there at the minute and it still whistles. how would it connect up tlo a dump valve?? :/

Its on the list my friend. just funds are short at the moment :p where does the second hose go on the catch cans? one goes from that pipe to the can then where does the other hose go to from the can?

@Luke: thanks luke for the info, i can see it when i look but i couldnt seem to reach it if i remember rightly, just looked well and truely blocked in there but i shall have another go tommrow :p