So tonight at my local car club meet, a few of us went for a nice little blast down a dual carriage way and upon return my friend said a lot of smoke was coming out of my exhaust when it was pulling. so i immediatly became worried and notified another member of the club. anyway cut a long story short, aswell as the smoke on acceleration, if the car is left just idling, after about 10 minutes the floor beneath the exhaust has been painted Black in an oily substance, and also i held my hand underneath exhaust and it appeared to be spitting out a Brown/Black oily substance and a fiar amount of it,

I was wondering if somebody could help me out with this problem. And i have also searched and read thorugh all the smoking topics created but non of them seem to answer me. why is it spitting oil out? :/

Also last time i changed the oil in my Glanza i somehow managed to put too much oil in so the engine was overfilled. and i didnt get round to letting some of the oil out. could this be a cause?? I really am confused. my friend instantly said my turbo is fecked? :lol:

Thanks in advance for any Replies!

Dan

not 100% but sounds like your oil feed to turbo has snapped/cracked get it checked asap and if it was mine i wouldnt run it as you'll be loosing oil pressure thats how markoos ended up needing a new engine

Eek that doesnt sound good at all :p is there anyway i can check the things you mentioned? im just starting to do all this DIY stuff myself soo still learning where all bits and bobs are Ect. how can i check oil pressure? and would the oil feed coming off mean there is no oil going through the turbo meaning no lubrication?? also another Thing that came to my attention was a very high pitched whistling sort of noise coming from the oil breather pipe (not sure on name for it)

Dan

your Turbo has gone booooooooooom, by the sounds of things mate, check the oil feed, if its ok, wiggle the shaft in the turbo to see if theres alot of movement and to see if theres oil coming out of it.

Would it still boost and hold boost if this was the case? also the car is feeling a little down on power..

Also this sounds like nothing major does it to anybody? just turbo problems? I am dreading piston rings or something like that.. however i hope this isnt the case :p

Dan

if you look at the oil filter, its attached to a re-location adapter which is were the oil feed comes from. Its attached with a big banjo bolt loosten that and give the pipe a wiggle to see if it moves if it does as its a solid pipe is snapped

first thing is to look under the car at the turbo, and check the oil feed pipe, if thats ok, the undo the intake pipe from the turbo (black plastic pipe) if theres alot of oil in there, then it has gone, if not stick your fingers in the turbo ( be carefull, blades are sharp) and wiggle the shaft to se if theres alot of movement.

OOOO sounds like scary stuff lol i have never played with my turbo before. whats the best way to get at it?? can i just get to the oil feed and turbo from beneath the car or does anything have to be removed?? also can i run a hybrid as a direct replacement or would i need all supporting mods??

though the dripping was from the front it wont be the feed pipe then..... as dan said check for play in the turbo shaft and for large amounts of oil in the intercooler.... there will alway be a little oil in there anyway.

there will be oil sprayed all over the bay if it was piston rings mate, happened to mine and im re-building mine now.

Just take off he top mounted intercooler and pipe connecting to the turbo, and its easier for you to get at then.

if you were closer id come give you a hand mate

more oil can cause a bend snap rod/crank as you cant compress oil so something will give when you say to much how much was it over the full mark on the dip stick?

Thats very kind of you matey kinda wish i lived closer to the middle of the country sometimes, i get no help in hull from starlet lads lol it sucks a lot!! and yeah i will attempt to get all that off tommorow then and check all for oil weather dependant!

Also i am sorry to here about your piston rings going mate!! :p

Have you any ideas on the whistling oil breather pipe thingy?

which one do you mean mate? ontop of the rocker cover on the left?

Yes my friend thats the once i mean, its like a little piece of metal piper about 10mm diameter that sticks up from the rocker about an inch i think its the oil breather pipe?