Reckon I Should Break My Gt? Help Appreciated Please Guys

hi guys. last thursday my turbo oil feed pipe snapped at the flange. got it repaired and used it for two days. then on my way home from work on monday it wouldnt idle. i touched the brakes it would cut out then it started bangin.. and scrapin. sounding like something was bein picked up n thrown round the engine. so immediately shut her off and waitin too b picked up... any idea what this could b? bottom end gone? should i break my car instead of forkin out all the cash as im only 18, apprentice wages etc.. and mental insurance premiums. got quite a lot of rare parts on my car worth some money ...

anyhelp opinions and advice would b greatly appreciated

cheers.. dan :p

I'd get a run around and fix her up :p

think i wanna do that but not entirely sure yet... need more opinions. think more money is too b made b breakin though.. i kepy changin my mind :p

yea agreed, get a run around and fix her up, might take a wile but as a apprentice your pay increases every year right. means next year, more income less insurance.

but again depends how much you realy want it.

thanks guys.... i havent got the heart too sell her soo watchin it break down would b soul destroyin! think ill keep her.. any advice on the rebuild? also need a respray etc etc. so full makeover... anyone got any ideas i got perhaps juggle round n throw into it?

i think what you need to do is describe every thing thats happend with the car... cause your story lines just hopeless to deter what may be wrong!!!

the oil feed wouldnt kill the engine only the turbo.. if thats fine then theres something else wrong..

you drove for two days it was fine then the revs started to chase... wouldnt idle as normal.... and cut out..

does the car run like a bag of crap then cut out....

if so your sorry A55 needs new spark plugs...

then the noise of something being thrown around when did that happen.

bottom ends dont sound like that... they have a knockknock sound not something being thrown around....

somehting loose in the bay?, checked the ht leads and core plugs? is the fluids up to scratch. does the car spew mucho smokeyness out its backside???

i need better details than what you've said....

i think what you need to do is describe every thing thats happend with the car... cause your story lines just hopeless to deter what may be wrong!!!

the oil feed wouldnt kill the engine only the turbo.. if thats fine then theres something else wrong..

you drove for two days it was fine then the revs started to chase... wouldnt idle as normal.... and cut out..

does the car run like a bag of crap then cut out....

if so your sorry A55 needs new spark plugs...

then the noise of something being thrown around when did that happen.

bottom ends dont sound like that... they have a knockknock sound not something being thrown around....

somehting loose in the bay?, checked the ht leads and core plugs? is the fluids up to scratch. does the car spew mucho smokeyness out its backside???

i need better details than what you've said....

ok sorry for hopeless description! im s**t at decscribin! " if so your sorry a55 needs new spark plugs..." huh. whats a55? and the noises came as it cut out.. restart it then it got louder n louder and ..... well a bangin... but ive never heard a gone bottom end so i have no clue ! its not spewin out smoke ... been burnin a bit of oil on engine brakin ... oil level n coolant etc are fine.

sorry for shitty disciption.. is this any better mate?

He meant your sorry a$$ (as in bum). When the spark plugs went in my last car the car had no oomph and was very jerky. As has been said check over your engine bay for loose items that may move around more if yours, like mine was, is very jerky. Only if your engine has been starved of oil would it probably be something major wrong with it.

Best bet is to get someone who knows about car to check the engine over for you to assess the damage.

If its something like the bottom end, ttake the gt off the road and buy yurself a shitbox (Diesel) runaround. Saveup & get it back on the road.

Broken oil feed would kill the engine if all the oil is pissing out.

Sorry about this bud you know you dont want to break it!!!

Get a shitty run around and fix her, you know you'd miss her

PS lend me your wheels when its off the road :p :P

spark plugs are fine... its not missin or anything.. just bangin n clonkin! F**king thing! definantly nothin lose in the bay either.. its off the road now cancelled my insurance an everything! CAT i dont think im gonna break her it sounds like a lot of hassle plus the bummer of seein your pride and joy wasting away too nothing! B) i need a extrememly cheap run around.. any one got anything goin? :) .. sparky yeah im sure i could lend u my wheels but may have too charge you for hire and wear n tear B)

the thing that makes me not mind breaking my car and the hassle of it all is looking at my bank balance :)

Until I spend it on the next car lol

welll yeah true it just takes ages lol.. any idea how much my ecu is worth cat?

ye its a farina racer standealone ecu... what is the actual difference with a self learnin and standelone.. educate me please? :L....

ahh ok matt im interested.. ill send u a pm in a minute :)

stand alone are like the power fc etc which can be re mapped the farinas blitz are just standard ecus with a sister board in them.they will adapt slightly to your mods buy adjusting the fueling and timing but not buy much they are basically mapped for a car with a certain amount of modds on it.For it to be re flashed it would have to go back to farinas and they prob dont exist any more and wouldnt be worth it.

ahhh right ok i want als mapped into mine so think ill have too get a new ecu instead of the hassle... and farina dont exist anymore i dont think. because nothin comes up on google when i type everything in lol....