hey, i dont know much about cars ..

could someone explain what changing the manifold does?

also when people talk about a corolla manifold, are they talking about one of a toyota corrolla hahaha bit stupid but ..

if so which year is it, and is it a straight undo and fit?

you will all say no haha .. but should i tell the insurance about it or not?

is there anything else i can do cheaply to increase performance?

thanks jamess :lol::)

i take it uve got a N/A starlet IE non turbo...

The best things you can do in my opinion is:

1st off strip anything out weight wise you dont need, spare wheels, jacks, seats. etc only slowing you down!

Service your car! fresh oil, filter, plugs will help it run to its max potiential...

then the usual breathing mods! Make sure the car can get the air in and gases out as fast as it can....

then i would just save and buy a turbo'd starlet or drop a turbo lump in :lol:

Have fun tuning hope this helps!

As Socks said, fresh Oil & filter, spark plugs will get it running really nicely

Yes, the inlet manifold is from a Toyota Corolla 1.3, the model E11, year is from 1998-2001 if I remember correctly..aka the Bug Eye Corollas

It is basically a straight undo and fit, but when you fit it you'll notice that one of the old vacuum hoses isn't long enough. All you need to do is go to a scrappys and pick up a windscreen washer hose and use that instead! This hose goes from the inlet mani to the MAP sensor on the firewall behind the engine towards the left side

Also the best intake filter for the N/As is probably to stick with the Stock Airbox system, but just buy a K&N Panel Filter for it! That, combined with the Corolla Manifold will give a nice gain in power!

You can go further by getting a Cat-Back exhaust, Decat etc

At the moment Enzo is developing an N/A project and he'll be putting out products for us at some point, take a look at his build thread HERE

Hope that helps :)

Amjad