Can Everything Other Than The Tps From The 4e Be Used On The 5e?

Can you use all the 4EFE parts/ancillaries on a 5EFE?

Are the injectors the same? If the 5EFE will run off the 4EFE ECU I can see no reason why it wouldn't run properly, or if there's even any difference?

And seeing as it's the same engine other than the 5EFE being a longer stroke I assume all other ancillaries are a straight fit?

Also what's the deal with the gearboxes/flywheel/clutches, I know the gearboxes can be interchanged but what about the flywheel and clutch?

the flywheel/clutch is bigger on the 5E iirc

The 5E flywheel is the same size @200mm, same as 4EFE.

Its the 4EFTE flywheel that is larger @212mm which wont fit the 5E crank bolt pattern.

'4E' is too loose a term when you have two very similar yet also slightly different engines.

I cross referenced the part numbers which confirm that both 4EFE and 5EFE clutches are the same.

The flywheel part numbers are different which reinforces the fact that altho the 4EFE flywheel size is the same @200m, it will not fit the 5E bolt pattern.

I ran my 4EFE gearbox no probs with my 5EFE and 5EFHE spec.

Short answer Ste: Clutch YES - Flywheel NO - Gearbox YES

Joz

Are the injectors the same? If the 5EFE will run off the 4EFE ECU I can see no reason why it wouldn't run properly, or if there's even any difference?

The 5EFE injectors are the same size as 4EFE which are 195cc.

It is the 5E-FHE injectors which are different, being 225cc. For the record 4EFTE injectors are 295cc.

Even though the 5EFE engine can run with the 4EFE ecu, it is not running properly as the 5E is a lower compression ratio (9:4:1 vs 9:6:1) and will have slightly different fuel/timing maps as intended.

Joz

Using the 4efe ecu on the 5efe will be grand, and the added benefit that the 4efe redlines at 6500 in all gears whereas the 5efe tends to stop about 6000rpm.

Short answer is buy a 5efe with the flywheel still attached and you'll be able to make it fit.

Even though the 5EFE engine can run with the 4EFE ecu, it is not running properly as the 5E is a lower compression ratio (9:4:1 vs 9:6:1) and will have slightly different fuel/timing maps as intended.

Joz

There is the benefit of the higher rev limit as rmsnoel says but I found my 4EFE limited at 6200 rpm.

It will run on the 4E ecu but not as it really should.

The 5E ecu could work, its 50/50, only prob is with the immobiliser.

The car starts but won't idle and dies.

Joz