Meisterr Zeta R Afterthoughts

After seeing Enzo giving rave reviews on the MeisterR coilovers I thought I would give them a try so I ordered a set off the man himself.

Before the Meister's I was running BC coilovers (and Cusco's before them) and was slightly disappointed with them as they didn't give quite the ride quality I was hoping for so I opted for the Meister's in the hope that they could do what the BC's didn't.

My inital impressions of the MeisterR's straight out of the box was that they seemed very similar to the BC's in overall look and build quality;

CIMG0491.jpg

CIMG0492.jpg

CIMG0494.jpg

CIMG0493.jpg

This is more evident when seen back to back with the BC's;

CIMG0495.jpg

CIMG0498.jpg

So after seeing this I had my doubts whether they would offer much improvement over the BC's.

The Meister's didn't have me hugely impressed to start with, they did feel slightly better than the BC's but not by much. However after letting them settle for a few weeks they've softened up nicely and after getting the alignment done today I am very impressed and happy with them.

They offer much better damping than the BC's (and hugely better than the Cusco's) and actually absorb bumps instead of bouncing over them, mid corner bumps are dealt with much better too giving much more confidence when pushing on. I have them set at 12 at the front at 8 at the rear from softest setting, so if need be I can soften them a lot more. Even my girlfriend commented that it's the comfiest my car has ever felt.

The MeisterR's are what I had hoped the BC's would be when I got them, they offer much more compliance over bumps and smoothly absorb them whilst still giving flat cornering, the only problem with them is that you feel like you're driving slower since your not being bounced all over the place!

So overall a big thumbs up for the MeisterR's and thanks to Jerrick for bringing us a set of coilovers properly suited to our backroads! :)

CIMG0584.jpg

CIMG0583.jpg

CIMG0585.jpg

I have them to i'm glad with them..

The ride is not to hard but not to soft..

I have them 9 at the front and 8 at the rear from soft..

Cornering is good..

Friend of my as a Civic with D2 and Xbar and there is a corner here where he can do a 60kmh..

And i can do 70kmh with no problem.. i only have a strut bar at the rear..

Question for WallaceGlanza :

How did you do the Camber setting (i know with the screws on the top but mean How do you get to that camber you have now)?

And why did you Camber set it ?

But after all i recommend them ;)

glad someones done a review on these i was looking at a set, cheers dude

No probs mate, I would certainly recommend them.;)

Question for WallaceGlanza :

How did you do the Camber setting (i know with the screws on the top but mean How do you get to that camber you have now)?

And why did you Camber set it ?

But after all i recommend them :wacko:

I had them set up at a proper wheel alignment centre, I got the camber set to 1.2 degrees negative as it gives nice handling without increasing the wear rate on the tires by too much, I hope!

• 3 months later...

i have these,

i think i have mine set 6 clicks from hard.(front and back)

and my car seems to bottom out on the passenger side when i turn right a bit on a bumpy road.

will this be caused by the settins i have? im offshore, but will be home in 5 weeks, so im guna change them to the above mentioned settings.

cheers