4E-FE tuning - inlets/TB's/chipping/cams - whats best?

**EDITED**

Righto,

Im new to starlets so im also new to effective tunig methods of the 4E-FE engine

Ive heard of using a different intake manifold off a Corolla - What age/engine size etc is this?

I have fitted a universal K&N filter but im unsure what to do with the sensor on the top half of the airbox - is this essential?

What other methods of tuning have you lot used (except turbo's - i have 7points so no-can-do)

Anyones input into this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers folks

if you was to throttle body a 4efe im sure you could get the same power as a 4efte..

but it would cost a lot more, and then there would be a point at which you reach and cant get any more out of the engine..

id say to save money have a transplant.only real option there is matey.

yea this is what i was thinking....

its a really straightforward conversion where you would unplug the loom from the old engine, take it out,

put the 5efe in then plug up the old loom, pretty simple apart from one conector i think, totaly straight forward, plus the engine looks identical,

if your doin it this way then you might aswell get the head skimed ported and polished as the conversions soo cheap.

ad an emanage and some bike tb's to the mix im sure you would be happy,

a six speed box links straight up too with a lower final drive your looking at a quick starlet,

no one has really gone down a route like this due to the 4e-fte bein there,

i plan on doin it one day though,

the intake manifold your on about is from a bug eyed ee-111 corolla from around 98 i think, it also came with a version of 4efe aswell,

there was a version of 4efe that was identical in most ways to the fte bar the turbo gubbins that put out 100bhp,

it had same inlet manifold, tb as fte it also hadlarger injectors over the 4e, was used primarily for the japanese ep82 n1 cup,

dont know if that would help you at all

straight swap? loom etc

It drops right in -- the extra capacity comes from a longer stroke.

As to the loom etc I'm sure if you use the 4E throttle body it doesn't require as much work -- someone more knowledgable will hopefully come along shortly and let you know though.