Annoying Phone Calls

A few months ago I did an insurance quote on comparethemarket.com, infact it was a very long time ago, before christmas I think.

Since then, pretty much every day, I get called 2-3 times a day by the same number, I answered it once and they were saying something about the "accident" I was in back in september.

I'm not interested in their bullshit and it's probably dodgy anyway, so I just reject or ignore the calls.

It's tempting to answer and go mad at them but the thing is they have my name, age, address, etc... all the other details you put in on car insurance quotes. It seems the comparison sites give their information away to other companies.

Other than getting a new number (which I'm not going to do) I can't see them giving up. It's starting to get on my nerves now.

Has this happened to anyone on here? I googled the number and it came up with a few sites with people saying basically the same as what I've just said.

happened to me too, i did a quote to take out a loan for a few grand, that was back in february i think, ring all the time when im at work so i cant answer. called again yesterday and managed to answer, asked if i was still interested in a loan, told him usually crap no i have lost me job( which is a lie lol) and his reply was ohh brilliant thanks for your time (prick) haha

Yep, it does get annoying,but you will have to answer all them calls and just say no you're not interested, so i think they will remove you off the list. So you just need to do that a few times to have your name cleared :)

i got a quote on compare the market for my van the last week, gladiator offered430 odds fully comp, which was a good deal then the fne went and it was some other company who promised to beat gladiator, after having me on the fne for almost half an hour they quoted me 1200 odd quid! and the same guy calls every day to see if im interested in the quote and home insurance and fuck knows wat else. pain in the arse!