Can You Buy An Aftermarket Ecu That Plugs Straight In?

Yep you can buy the likes of JAM, MINES, BLITZ and SARD ECUs which will plug straight in and replace the old OEM ECU.

These are hard come by nowadays, and cant buy them new so keep our eyes on the classifieds and ebay lol and usually fetch a price of £350-£400.

There are supposedly self learning? They are pre mapped ECUs from the companys that made them to be fitted to customers cars back in Japan i beleive.

They remove the likes of fuel cut, the speed limiter and give it a more aggressive map meaning better performance :)

Another option if your going to be doing a few basic mods is an Emanage Blue (EMB), they go for around the same price as above, usually lower, like £300 for a full kit.

These are piggyback ECUs which will join to the OEM loom and are mappable. :)

EMB would be fine for that, but I doubt you'd achieve it on a standard CT9 Turbo, you'd probably have to upgrade to a hybrid turbo

They don't come readily mapped, you'd have to get it mapped at an extra cost

EMB is good for huge set ups. its fine for lower setups but the plug and play ecu's are perfect for it. i really reccomend them. I had a blitz in my last GT and I've just bought a mines one for my new GT. deffo the best option IMO

Yes mate, a EMB is a better option in my opinion, cheaper and remapable.

Depends mate, new- no map, if bought second hand then its more than likely going to be mapped, in which case a trip down the tuners for a remap :)

ahh well il get saving neways! il keep my eyes peeld and see what comes along, its just hard to find the rite info what im looking for becuse im not a in depth technical person, but if emb or the plug and play ones is what your saying il look in that direction cheers guys

• 3 weeks later...

It all depends on your budget for a ECU, as said you can go with a EMB setup that will run a CT9 setup perfect but of course if you want extra features or want a more expensive ECU then theres huge amounts of options but we can offer EMB Kits, EMU Kits and we can do Standalone Kits if required but as said it all depends on your budget.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

cheers on the info mate :) wont be buying one for a while. more importent things like acturator and alloys first! i saw the price of the e manage blue supplied fitter and mapped for £700 , thats way too much for me =L only a poor boy!

cheers again josh