hey guys i have searched the forum briefly to try and determine what the problem is however have come to no conclusion.

The problem sounds like its coming from inside the engine block. Its a tapping noise that gets faster as the revs pick up and its only a light tapping noise however when idling it does start to sound a little deisel like if ya get me? lol its hard to explain..

Any help is appreciated :harhar: thanks!

Dan

hey guys i have searched the forum briefly to try and determine what the problem is however have come to no conclusion.

The problem sounds like its coming from inside the engine block. Its a tapping noise that gets faster as the revs pick up and its only a light tapping noise however when idling it does start to sound a little deisel like if ya get me? lol its hard to explain..

Any help is appreciated :p thanks!

Dan

best way ive found for finding tapping noises is to get a long screwdriver and put the end against the engine in different places and put your ear to the end of it, this will make the tapping sound louder, so will give you a better idea of where it is coming from.

is it louder when cold?

hey there yeah i will try the screwdriver technique tommorow when its a bit lighter :p And no you can barely hear it at all when its cold. its only after it warms up you can hear it properly. Im really confused by it :p

Dan

Well took a quick visit to a garage today so they could have a listen, and they suggested that it sounds more like a top end problem, hover he also said not to worry too much about it but i just aint gonna take this advice, i worry about my car when it makes a slight dqueek and ahve to fix it, so yeah its a top end problem, and it only does it when accelerating by what i can work out, also the tap/knock gets faster as revs pick up and also sounds like an engine starved of oil would. But i changed the oil and filter 3 weeks and she is full..

hope this helps you guys diagnose a bit more...

Thanks again :p

Dan

tappets could have gone that may be your problem. and lol garages make me laugh...."dont worry about it" any knocks or tapping sounds you should worry about cause its normally your engine telling you somethings wrong and if you dont act fast it will be a whole lot worse and more expensive