Windows Not Working, Im Stumped!

Hi i bought my ep82 with the electric windows not working also no centrel locking or auto interior light, i thought it would be just a fuses or maybe broken wiring through the door.

But every fuse i have checked, checked i have continuaty through the door wires and ive changed the door control unit, yet i still dont have power to the doors, all fairy easily accessible wires have been checked.

I wonder if they have a relay or something else for these door controls but as i cant speak japanease i cant work out what there all for.

Any help will be greatly appreciated otherwise ill have to go manual windows.

Ed

have you got voltage accross the fuse?

first thing, check there is power gettin to the door? if there is, check the switches are gettin voltage. just work back through the wiring. its simple enough.

for them all to go down together your looking into a body control fuse box for module, i sounds like wiring harness fault to the main fuse box. check for power to the fuses, if its there go onward to the wiring to the modules, motors lights ect, if not trace it back to the main power distribution

when checking the fuses did you use a multimeter or just visually checking because some times its hard to see if it breaks

Guest Enzo
for them all to go down together your looking into a body control fuse box for module, i sounds like wiring harness fault to the main fuse box. check for power to the fuses, if its there go onward to the wiring to the modules, motors lights ect, if not trace it back to the main power distribution

when checking the fuses did you use a multimeter or just visually checking because some times its hard to see if it breaks

you sound like you know your shit :(

you sound like you know your shit :)

thats if they went at the same time, poster said the car was bought with both windows faulty. best way to trace that is from the switch at the windows, back, trace the power untill you find it. pitty there arent many electrical drawing for the starlet wiring, otherwise its simple.

i dont want to sound patronising.

but how did you test the fuse with your multimeter? resistance? or volts accross the fuse inline?

I tested the continuity mate across the 2 points, im no way a sparky i just know very basic things like how to wire in boilers as thats part of my job lol.

And are the 2 switches linked together, my brothers pulsar windows stopped working and it was the drivers side window switch unit.

Mine doesnt look to great and smells almost like burning?

the continuity accroos the two point where the fuse was? that will read OC mate, you need to measure accross the fuse, or take the fuse out, and measure the volt drop accross it, if there is power, there will be a voltage, but it must be done with the fuse out.

if it looks and smells like burning, it should have tripped overload, which in the car is protected by the fuse. so if its burnt, or burnt smelling, i would head to the fuse.